• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GunBum

Feb 21, 2018
    SW Missouri
    Isn't that every month. I don't necessarily agree with Pride month, but i don't feel like it takes away from the pride I have for my country, or the citizens to allow others to take pride in something they believe in. Your comment is the very definition of discrimination. Why do you give a fvck that people believe in something you don't. Take pride in yourself and be proud that others believe and stand for something.

A real American believes in something and believes that we all have the right to have your own opinion and not infringe on others for not believing the same thing. Isn't that some terrorist sh!t for hating someone that doesn't believe what you believe?

In My Humble Opinion!

Well stated.

Clump

Sep 19, 2008
    Felton, DE
    This happened a few weeks ago. It was especially offensive being these flags fly over Veterans Plaza.

I hate to give Elrich and company any credit, but after vets complained they put the POW/MIA flag back up, on the center ple and moved the rainbow to below the MoCo flag.

Had they done this in the first place, it would have been OK.

Tungsten

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2012
    Elkridge, Leftistan
    In still waiting for Mature White Guy Heterosexual Pride month.

Isn't that every month.

DAMMIT!!! No one told me I had all these months for me!! I demand my fat old white straight guy reparations for having missed all these months in my honor.

In My Humble Opinion!

Point of order: You cannot use "humble" in a sentence that ends with an exclamation point. It is inherently self-contradictory.

My popcorn just got done in the microwave. Ya'll carry on.

POP57

Ultimate Member
    Apr 5, 2016
    Delaware
    Isn't that every month. I don't necessarily agree with Pride month, but i don't feel like it takes away from the pride I have for my country, or the citizens to allow others to take pride in something they believe in. Your comment is the very definition of discrimination. Why do you give a fvck that people believe in something you don't. Take pride in yourself and be proud that others believe and stand for something.

A real American believes in something and believes that we all have the right to have your own opinion and not infringe on others for not believing the same thing. Isn't that some terrorist sh!t for hating someone that doesn't believe what you believe?

In My Humble Opinion!
    I guess I should have used the sarcasm emoji.

GunBum

Feb 21, 2018
    SW Missouri
    Reread your post #3. Your the only one that described it as a “sacred sky cloth”.

You need to work on your reading comprehension. I called it a sacred sky cloth, not my sacred sky cloth. I don’t support the flying of the rainbow flag anymore than I support the flying of the POW/MIA flag. They are all just advertisements. Nothing special about them.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    They are all just advertisements. Nothing special about them.

Symbols carry meaning.

Running them up the flagpole also has meaning.

Obviously you're aware of this, as you brought up the "sacred sky cloth" issue. They may not carry the same value for you as they do for others, but that does not diminish the symbolic value with which they are imbued.

So it becomes a matter of politeness not to spit on other peoples' values.

Mightydog

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    You need to work on your reading comprehension. I called it a sacred sky cloth, not my sacred sky cloth. I don’t support the flying of the rainbow flag anymore than I support the flying of the POW/MIA flag. They are all just advertisements. Nothing special about them.

Saying you served makes it kind of sad that the POW/MIA flag is “nothing special”. To each their own. And please tell me, what is it an advertisement for? Missing fathers? Missing sons? Missing brothers? Yea, nothing special. But it is to me! I’m gone!

marc0nline

Mar 24, 2019
    Southern Maryland
    How about “White” history month? Or White entertainment television awards? This thread is about replacing a recognized official flag that symbolizes the fallen not returned home with something totally unofficial. Hey...let’s fly the Kwanza flag next! You begin to “infringe” on others when you take down their flag! And as I stated above, I’m sure this act violated standing MoCo regulations on what can be officially flown on government flagpoles.

There is only one flag that matters and its the Stars and Stripes. My dad lost his best friend in the Vietnam war and he bleeds Red, White and Blue, but the only flag he cares about is the American Flag. Everyone in my family has served and the only flag that we care about is the AMERICAN Flag. If another one matters to you, then good for you. Thats why I served.

And if Christmas, Kwanzaa, Chanukah, Rohatsu, Solstice or Mawlid el-Nabi have a flag and they are american citizens, hell yes fly your flag on the day of your choosing.

No one infringed on you because they took your flag down. Old Glory represents all of our brothers and sisters. The others are just reminders and if you need a flag to help you remember them you should look at yourself and stop blaming others. You have the problem not them!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom