• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • h2u

Village Idiot
    Jul 8, 2007
    South County
    That is crazy, where did this happen?

That's Telegraph Rd in the background with 495 just off picture to the left. This ramp is for Huntington Ave - all in Alexandria. I'm sure it happened at night (this was early morning) and the deer had no idea they were climbing while running/walking up that ramp. I'll bet some vehicle was approaching and the alpha doe decided the best escape was stage right--over the wall...with the rest of the herd following her lead.

JDove

Ultimate Member
    Jun 16, 2010
    That's Telegraph Rd in the background with 495 just off picture to the left. This ramp is for Huntington Ave - all in Alexandria. I'm sure it happened at night (this was early morning) and the deer had no idea they were climbing while running/walking up that ramp. I'll bet some vehicle was approaching and the alpha doe decided the best escape was stage right--over the wall...with the rest of the herd following her lead.

Know exactly where it is, thought it looked familiar.

foxtrapper

Ultimate Member
    Sep 11, 2007
    Havre de Grace
    Yes Virginia, there is a santa, but he just crashed his reindeer... in Virginia.

or

Yes Virginia, there are dead deer!

Be funny if there was a highway cleanup sign that said opencarry.org and some guy OCing looking at the deer and holding a trashbag. Like " please write a caption for this pic" ( like the motivational posters and it could say "USA USA!". I do believe there is an OCDO highway adoption in VA somewhere, or maybe its VCDL.

rj1974

Ultimate Member
    Jan 31, 2011
    Edgemere , md.
    Did they move the deer crossing sign . This guy is up to his shit again isnt he:sad20:

Attachments

• imagesdeer-crossing-signs.jpg
      imagesdeer-crossing-signs.jpg
      18 KB · Views: 132

diesel-man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 8, 2009
    "...then would you too?"
    Apparently, in Deer World-that means, "Yes". I'll bet you guys thought YOU had some serious rain in your area :D

This is what it looked like after I pulled three of them out of the road. I was concerned someone wouldn't see all of them in the road and swerve over another embankment to the water below.

There are five in the picture and an additional two made it across the road before dying. Surreal...

How come I see 3 deer, and not 3 gut piles? Lotta good meat there. It is deer season by the way!! One call...I had a flat tire...couple of deer steaks should smooth things over...

:party29:

Nugunnut

Sep 23, 2011

I know right where that is too, Wow those deer made it a pretty good distance from the woods to end up jumping off that ramp!! Just proves we are slowly invading every in of habitat they have left!! Sad really....

h2u

Village Idiot
    Jul 8, 2007
    South County
    How come I see 3 deer, and not 3 gut piles? Lotta good meat there. It is deer season by the way!! One call...I had a flat tire...couple of deer steaks should smooth things over...

:party29:

Five deer in picture ;) Plus two just off to the left. Check out the abdomen of the closer ones-bulging due to the released gasses, I believe. The bulges looked much larger in person. I don't know when they took the dive, but I didn't get there until 7am and decide to clear out the roadway before someone wrecked. This was also when the weather was warmer, so I wasn't about to take a chance on taking any. Definitely gonna lose some meat with that fall too. Either from trauma or potentially busted intestines/stomach leeching into the muscles.

I know right where that is too, Wow those deer made it a pretty good distance from the woods to end up jumping off that ramp!! Just proves we are slowly invading every in of habitat they have left!! Sad really....

I was looking around after I pulled the deer and trying to figure out from which direction they may have originated. If you follow that ramp in the direction of my picture, it doesn't get close enough to the ground until the far side of Telegraph. Just past that is a wood lot that is being torn out for more construction. I'm guessing they came from there and probably meant to cross Telegraph and get over to the creek and surrounding woods that come from the Cameron Station area instead of "taking" the ramp. :D
    Just my take on it...

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom