• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • zeddm91/30

Oct 11, 2009
    Reliance MD
    The hardest thing may be the zoning. I don't know if that kind of use would be allowed under farm zoning in your county, but a lot of hunting stuff is allowed under farm zoning in most of the rural counties.

I'd be looking up the definitions and allowed uses at the court house before taking any other action.

I hope this thing flies:thumbsup:

Thx. I'll check into that asap

DocEd

Eddie Harren
    Feb 17, 2009
    Ijamsville
    You, and your buddies, may want to investigate forming an LLC or such. Also contact the NRA for guidance as to proper liability insurance.

zeddm91/30

Oct 11, 2009
    Reliance MD
    My girl just filled me in on the fact that it is protected farm land. She can't remember what its called but from what I'm being told is it can only every be farm land. Meaning no development aka no range :(

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    Being protected farm land may only mean that you can't put any new permanent structures on it that aren't barns or tool sheds when you apply for the permits and the land cannot be subdivided into properties for single family homes or appartments

Like I said, rural counties DO allow a lot of "hunting" use exceptions on land zoned AG/farm. I think any farm whose property lines are wide enough can be used for commercial hunting. I doubt shooting ranges would be much different and might be part of "hunting" in your county

who knows, you might need to have a 1000 yard silage pit with a tractor/car port at one end ... :rolleyes: ... and you could take hunting parties for snipe and mosquitos

mikec

Ultimate Member
    Dec 1, 2007
    Off I-83
    Aberdeen Proving Ground could do one. Especially on the National Guard facility just outside the Edgewood Road gate. The proving ground is having trouble disposing of mountains of dirt from all the BRAC contraction. Material for berms would be no problem.

Sadly I think it makes too much sense, though I agree, what a GREAT place to do one!

I bet they could work with AGC on running the range.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ddsabedra

Latest threads

Top Bottom