• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • newmuzzleloader

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 14, 2009
    joppa
    Like stated earlier in this thread, I think we are unusual. I don't think the average gun owner starts to panic when they get down to their last couple of thousand rounds. I think the average gun owner has a box or two for each gun that they own.

Growing up I can remember my Dad had a couple 20 rd boxes of 30-30 and the same for his 12ga. up in the front hallway closet where he kept his guns. In a cloth drawstring bag in his dresser there was a revolver with a 50 rd box. This was in the 60's and 70's. To quote a singer/songwriter from the same era : 'The times they are a changing'

ColonelHurtz

A pile of little arms.
    Nov 13, 2008
    My entire coat closet was lost in a tragic boating accident.
    I was shocked at how quickly it sank.

15,000 rounds of ammo is a small stash if it doesn't include any .22LR.
    15,000 rounds of .22LR is a small stash of .22LR.

casualmadness

Man about town
    Jun 4, 2012
    VA
    I had a bunch before I moved out here from Seattle. But a week or so before I moved, I went to the range and literally spent about 5-6K rounds. I was there for a couple hours. It was so much fun!
    Since moving here I haven't replenished as much as I would like. I also haven't found a local range yet and I missed hunting season as I waited too late for the field day (didn't do my homework soon enough to realize that was necessary here in MD). So I haven't fired a shot since arriving here in the people's republic.
    I'll still be allowed to have guns next year when hunting season rolls 'round again.

casualmadness

Man about town
    Jun 4, 2012
    VA

Yeah I should have been more clear about that. I've "looked" but I haven't tried any out yet. The wife and I bought a house and almost every spare minute has been devoted to renovations and furniture shopping (not to mention getting used to the laws concerning guns here in the people's republic). We're finally getting settled in and things are calming down. Getting to the range has just been pushed to the back burner.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Most people shit when they see my ammo

I don't show mine to anyone.

I would think the average gun owner has only 1-2 firearms and very limited (perhaps a box of 50) rounds of ammo, unless they are hunters, collectors, etc.. I have read that in cities most people with handguns have them for self defense as opposed to sporting, target practice, hunting, etc.. * and have never fired them.

I would bet you are right. Most of my friends have at least one gun. Some have never shot them. I would bet that most gun owners in the nation have qay less than 100 rounds on hand.

*except Charles Bronson :lol2:

gmhowell

Not Banned Yet
    Nov 28, 2011
    Monkey County
    Yeah I should have been more clear about that. I've "looked" but I haven't tried any out yet.

Ask around on the forums when you get to it. There's probably not a reputable (or semi reputable) range in the state that doesn't have a MDS with an annual membership (or tons of experience if annual memberships aren't applicable). That may save you a little bit in fees.

knownalien

Ultimate Member
    Jan 3, 2010
    Glen Burnie, MD.
    I keep a mix of M193 and M855 because one AR is 1:7 twist and the other 1:9. But I really like M193. At the ranges I will likely ever encounter, it is very good at penetration. Plus if it tumbles . . . well, that's nice to have.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom