• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • foxtrapper

Ultimate Member
    Sep 11, 2007
    Havre de Grace
    Anyone gotten wild trout on Deer Creek before it heads into Harford Co? I was talking to a guy a few years back who said he caught a brown I think, in Deer Creek in PA. He said it was small but pretty. I know Deer Creek gets stocked every march or something, Hopewell F&G I think. But this was a wild trout based on size and color. Those hatchery fish are pretty big. I really don't know much about wild vs stocked though, just that otters probably swim up and wait for the stocking drop LOL.

Speaking of Little Falls, a neighbor has property with it cutting through, and many years back we saw trout down there. It's not that far down from the source, so it was pretty neat.

Patriot

Dec 31, 2011
    Harford co.
    Anyone gotten wild trout on Deer Creek before it heads into Harford Co? I was talking to a guy a few years back who said he caught a brown I think, in Deer Creek in PA. He said it was small but pretty. I know Deer Creek gets stocked every march or something, Hopewell F&G I think. But this was a wild trout based on size and color. Those hatchery fish are pretty big. I really don't know much about wild vs stocked though, just that otters probably swim up and wait for the stocking drop LOL.

Speaking of Little Falls, a neighbor has property with it cutting through, and many years back we saw trout down there. It's not that far down from the source, so it was pretty neat.

I don't know about outside of Harford co but I have seen guys pull what looked to be native browns out of the water around Rocks state park.

Big_Leo

May 8, 2011
    The best is the guys that obviously don't have a clue how to fish and yet have 30lbs of gear with them and the vest with every little gadget they could find at Bass Pro. Saturday was the first time I had been fishing in the river in a while so it was also the first time in a while I got my waders out. Turns out they were dry rotted so I ended up just wearing my boots and I threw a little gear in a daypack. I can't tell you how many snobby looks I got from guys like "you're gonna go fishing in that?" It was really funny when I started catching fish and they were fumbling around untangling their lines all day.

went fishing on the patomac last year with a friend. he had the waders, the vest, a backpack, 3 rods and a large tackle box. :lol:i had a plano case that fit in my pocket, stuffed with 9 or 10 dry flies, a 4 weight fly rod and tennis shoes. i went down river, he went up . 2 hrs. later he comes sloshing down river, complaining that the fish aren't hitting anything. :mad54:i pack up my gear and head to the truck with him, pissed that my day was cut short with his marching through the middle of the river. putting his gear in the bed of the truck he asks "any luck?" his face hits the floor when i open my creel to show off the 4 beautiful rainbows that fell victim to my line. morel of the story: shiny gear and new gadgets mean shit if you don't know how to use them properly. also, a little common sense goes a long way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom