• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • motox79

May 24, 2010
    damascus
    hey guys, i'm kinda new to the board, been hanging around looking for a while though. I'm not trying to take any work from anyone, but if any of you guys out there have Ducatis, and are looking to get work done, hit me up. I spent 4+ years as a tech before i had to find a new job(i have done everything from basic service, to blueprinting motors and susp. setups!). I have MOST of the ducati factory tools, my garage is setup to handle just about everything (well, not the newer bikes where you need the $5k DDS scan tool!). Anyway, if anyone needs anything, hit me up. I'm always willing to help out. I'll be ALOT cheaper than a dealer (especially for the valve adjustments). Or if you have an easy project/task (and are looking for an answer to questions)and just wanna shoot the S$^%, hit me up.
    mike

jpk1md

Ultimate Member
    Jan 13, 2007
    I wish I had a Duc to have serviced if you know what I mean.

Have drooled over the big twins with the dry clutch for years

Screwtop.243

Ouch...that thing kicks
    Jul 7, 2011
    People's republic of MD
    I put 14K miles on an ST4. A "stone reliable" machine and talk about fuel efficient - I think I was averaging 48 to 50 mpg with that thing. Sounded great with the carbon fiber Termingoni's and had a nice ventilated clutch cover on it for that "Ducati mating call" rattle. Wonderful bikes. I gave it up for other interests and a more "domestic" lifestyle. A good mechanic for a Duck is worth his/her weight in gold!

motox79

May 24, 2010
    damascus
    spent several years over at Speed's in Elkridge......tried to get a job at Batley's when i moved into MoCo, but they weren't intrested in hiring. I did have Donnie offer me a job at DucPond years ago....but the commute to winchester would kill me! Like i said, i'm just looking to make a few bucks on the side, and its always cool to meet new people. I always encourage people to try to tackle a task themselves, so if anyone needs advise....ask away!

montoya32

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jun 16, 2010
    Harford Co
    Good to know someone who works on Ducs. Hard to find reasonable and reliable mechanics that will even look at Ducatis.

Winterborn

Moved to Texas
    Aug 19, 2010
    Arlington, TX
    Well, if you are able to work on Suzuki's, I'd gladly give you the service business rather than a dealer.

I typically get a full service done (all fluids changed, valves adjusted, safety inspection, etc...) at the beginning and middle of riding season (End of march and around august).

Let me know what you can do.

Thanks for posting!

PS - I drive a C50T Boulevard.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom