• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jawn

YOU TROLLIN!
    Feb 10, 2011
    INTARWEB
    I handled one the other day. The frame-to-slide fit was one of the loosest I've seen. It's not necessarily a problem, but it's something worth noting if you're anal about that sort of thing. There's always going to be manufacturing variance with 1911s as far as frame-to-slide fit goes, so your mileage may vary.

71Chevelle427

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 19, 2015
    B'More County, Maryland

Thanks for the link. The reviews there so far, seem to be about even, mainly complaints about "looseness", which is not something I really want to deal with, especially for the price point, and since my SR1911 Government model is the exact opposite of loose fitting. Oh well... :o If I want a loose feeling gun, I'll have to just grab one of my Glocks...:lol2:

I handled one the other day. The frame-to-slide fit was one of the loosest I've seen. It's not necessarily a problem, but it's something worth noting if you're anal about that sort of thing. There's always going to be manufacturing variance with 1911s as far as frame-to-slide fit goes, so your mileage may vary.

For the asking MSRP, "looseness" is bothersome to me. JLOWESGUNS.com, an IP here, is selling them for $689, but even that "you can't beat it" price, still puts it in the "middle of the road" pricing for a 9mm, to a simple blue collar guy like myself.

Magnumite

Ultimate Member
    Dec 17, 2007
    Harford County, Maryland
    A truly tight fit slide to frame fit on a production 1911 is hit or miss. What I have noticed is the freeplay felt over the years has decreased on the average. Heck, I've felt several Wilson Supergrades with lotsa play several years back. To find a tight sample, handling several and patience to find 'that fit' will be required. I did that with an SR 1911 Commander I just picked up. Decent slide frame fit, trigger so-so, not bad. The whole gun felt good, decent base so I boight it.

For a full blown precision bullseye gun, no looseness is needed, but otherwise the pistols can be made to shoot quite well. I intentionally built one 1911 'not quite so tight' and it shoots under 3 inches at 50 yards from the bench, without bags.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LikeThatHendrix

Latest threads

Top Bottom