• HK VP9 or RUGER American 9mm pistol

• Total voters

AACo

Tiny Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 11, 2015
    Westminster
    Love the VP9.

Different size side panels seemed like a gimmick, but it fits my hand better than any other pistol I have held.

71Chevelle427

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 19, 2015
    B'More County, Maryland
    http://grabagun.com/mag-hk-p30-9mm-15rd.html

According to Heckler & Koch, the VP9 uses the same magazine as the P30. The above site has the P30 magazines for $34. I've never used that site so I don't know how reliable they are, and I also doubt they'll ship these magazines to Maryland.

As to your poll, I don't have either so I can't make a recommendation. However, I will be buying the VP9 in the near future, so I guess in a way that's my recommendation.

I'll have to look into it tomorrow. I have a Pa. mailing address, but saw nowhere to add it....just saw an option to put billing address, which is obviously different...

Thanks for the link.

redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo
    I'll have to look into it tomorrow. I have a Pa. mailing address, but saw nowhere to add it....just saw an option to put billing address, which is obviously different...

Thanks for the link.
    Going to VA for work tomorrow. Picking up 16 more Glock mags that were shipped to me when I get there. ;)

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    http://grabagun.com/mag-hk-p30-9mm-15rd.html

According to Heckler & Koch, the VP9 uses the same magazine as the P30. The above site has the P30 magazines for $34. I've never used that site so I don't know how reliable they are, and I also doubt they'll ship these magazines to Maryland.

As to your poll, I don't have either so I can't make a recommendation. However, I will be buying the VP9 in the near future, so I guess in a way that's my recommendation.

Werd.

Not even close, HK.

Alea Jacta Est

Extinguished member
    MDS Supporter
    Which ONE would you get, and why?

There's only a $150 price difference between the two, so price is not really a concern.

I'm hoping either one is a "keeper".

I've fondled both, but have shot neither.

Both "feel" great to me.
    Both have various sized backstraps, and HK even has different size grip side panels.
    HK has night sights out of the box.

Both get good reviews everywhere I've looked...

Was waiting to get a Ruger since it's 2 plus weeks away from being on roster, but co-worker who just got his VP9 is ecstatic.
    Doesn't mean I will be, but I do like BOTH....

The Rugers seem to be a bit harder to find, and neither is really available to rent and shoot, so not much hands on info to use...
    Not even a question...not even close.

Rick

NRA Life Member
    Feb 25, 2016
    Eastern Shore
    Werd.

Not even close, HK.

You quoted something I wrote and even highlighted one of the sentences, so I guess your comments was about something I wrote. But I haven't a clue as to what you're saying I did. Could you please elaborate?

Thanks,

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    You quoted something I wrote and even highlighted one of the sentences, so I guess your comments was about something I wrote. But I haven't a clue as to what you're saying I did. Could you please elaborate?

Thanks,

Just realized you're new, let me translate:

Yes, the VP9 uses the P30 mags with no problem. (werd)

I would vote the Heckler & Koch VP9 over the Ruger product in the poll listed. (not even close, HK)

;)

Rick

NRA Life Member
    Feb 25, 2016
    Eastern Shore
    Just realized you're new, let me translate:

Yes, the VP9 uses the P30 mags with no problem. (werd)

I would vote the Heckler & Koch VP9 over the Ruger product in the poll listed. (not even close, HK)

;)

Okay, thanks for translating. I thought it was probably something like that.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    I'll vouch for that, he was just agreeing with you. And 'werd' = 'word' ; which is slang for its cool bro, I agree.

Yo dawg...

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1461928062741.jpg
      uploadfromtaptalk1461928062741.jpg
      50.9 KB · Views: 341

Magnumite

Ultimate Member
    Dec 17, 2007
    Harford County, Maryland
    Love Ruger firearms but not product blind. After reading reviews I had settled on the VP9 but was open to either. Most reviews put numbers to the groups shot with the VP9. One source suggested decent accuracy for the Ruger. Ergonomic reviews on both were favorable but tipped slightly toward the VP9.

Opportunity presented itself and I voted with my pocketbook. Got a low use VP9. We'll see how the performance actually works out once the HQL gets here. Well, a week afterward...

Last edited:

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    If you can zoom in and decipher my target, you'll see my VP9 hollow point vs fmj groups. Shot fairly quick. I think you'll enjoy the pistol.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1466149271665.jpg
      uploadfromtaptalk1466149271665.jpg
      66.1 KB · Views: 291

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SparkyKoT

Latest threads