• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • At some point we are going to have to admit that it is a problem with prohibited people buying and using these guns on the street. I really can't blame the guy for not wanting to be part of criminals getting these things.

Well hell then, lets just ban the sale of ALL firearms using your logic...Because your words are the very "ammunition" that left wing politicians use to take away our rights...

We don't have to admit ANYTHING of the sort because it's just stupid to think this is the only way prohibited people can get their guns...Which would you prefer? Prohibited people from buying kits or breaking into your home to steal yours....

You obviously haven't seen the 80% pistol kits that any idiot can finish in about 5 minutes with a pair of pliers and a hand drill.

It was a little different when you had to spend a fair amount of time and money, and then have as least some mechanical ability to mill a 1911 or AR receiver.
    I knew when these Glock kits first came out that it wasn't going to be long before they started showing up on the streets the way they are today.

You fudds should just stop. You're showing that you are fair weather 2A supporters....I.E. not real firearms advocates.

Clifjr

Feb 2, 2014
    Germantown
    Well there Facebook page is taking a beating and they removed the post with the notification that I shared here earlier on post 17. Something tells me there future shows won’t have any lines of people waiting to get in!

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    F-em, last thing we need is to hand gun control folk a poster boy for their buffoonery. The problem with 80% receivers isn't necessarily the parts themselves,, but what defines a "firearm", and the arcane definitions codified.in law, and ATF's unelected burocrats constant attempts to create gun law. it opens the floodgates to new regulations of non regulated "parts", and expand the definition of "firearms". and the restriction of our rights Reason, compromise and good faith do not matter when one side's just hell bent to ban everything they can, and they will run with any political momentum, and hold any fund that agrees with them up as an example of their "reasonable" demands. Eagle Arms needs to be taken to the woodshed over this, thanks for the contact info.

Nickberg500

Ultimate Member
    Sep 20, 2019
    North of Baltimore County
    F-em, last thing we need is to hand gun control folk a poster boy for their buffoonery. The problem with 80% receivers isn't necessarily the parts themselves,, but what defines a "firearm", and the arcane definitions codified.in law, and ATF's unelected burocrats constant attempts to create gun law. it opens the floodgates to new regulations of non regulated "parts", and expand the definition of "firearms". and the restriction of our rights Reason, compromise and good faith do not matter when one side's just hell bent to ban everything they can, and they will run with any political momentum, and hold any fund that agrees with them up as an example of their "reasonable" demands. Eagle Arms needs to be taken to the woodshed over this, thanks for the contact info.
    No problem. Here's their direct contact info for new people on the thread:

Call:*(610) 393-3047
    Email:*info@eagleshows.com

People need to remember one very important thing...the federal government approved and sanctioned every 80 percent frame and receiver available for purchase before they ever went into production. I foresee a time when the government makes them illegal to produce but until that time they are legal. Using the excuse that they are the chosen method for prohibited people to purchase a firearm so they should be banned is exactly how gun grabbing democrats think. I see we have more gun grabbing dems here then we realize.

babalou

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 12, 2013
    Glenelg
    exactly

Not buying it. They're saying that the gangs are buying them 15 at a time and then buying the slides, barrels and parts kits. If they're buying off the shelf they are paying WAY OVER RETAIL for a standard hand gun. Wouldn't that be traceable? Why are they not tracking these guys down? All the banks are turning over transactions aren't they? But then they are doing the machining, assembly and testing. All this to skirt the firearms laws THAT THEY ARE ALREADY IGNORING. Doesn't ring true. Doesn't get them anything except a paper trail. I work in data. You can make data say any damned thing you want. I repeat, I'm not buying that there is some huge uptick in gang crime using 'ghost guns'. That data is not real.

Now, if they were buying 10,000 at a time in order to arm military units with identical weapons to lower the servicing costs by their armorers and improve reliability with volume it might makes sense but again, hello paper trail.

Keeping them out of the gun shows wouldn't be a solution to this in any rational universe. Even if monkeys fly out my butt and it did help, it wouldn't even make the top five fastest ways to fix the problem.

And they all know it...

Agree 100% They seem to have no problems stealing guns and removing the serial numbers.... Crisis looking for a cause.

Agree 100% They seem to have no problems stealing guns and removing the serial numbers.... Crisis looking for a cause.

The government considers all guns without serial numbers as ghost guns...that includes firearms that have had their SNs obliterated. Only a small percentage used in the commission of a crime are actually P80s or ARs built with 80% receivers.

babalou

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 12, 2013
    Glenelg
    exactly

The government considers all guns without serial numbers as ghost guns...that includes firearms that have had their SNs obliterated. Only a small percentage used in the commission of a crime are actually P80s or ARs built with 80% receivers.

Exactly. Why pay more for an 80% than a retail gun when you can steal one and do exactly what you stated. Yup Yup.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    Not buying it. They're saying that the gangs are buying them 15 at a time and then buying the slides, barrels and parts kits. If they're buying off the shelf they are paying WAY OVER RETAIL for a standard hand gun. Wouldn't that be traceable? Why are they not tracking these guys down? All the banks are turning over transactions aren't they? But then they are doing the machining, assembly and testing. All this to skirt the firearms laws THAT THEY ARE ALREADY IGNORING. Doesn't ring true. Doesn't get them anything except a paper trail. I work in data. You can make data say any damned thing you want. I repeat, I'm not buying that there is some huge uptick in gang crime using 'ghost guns'. That data is not real.

Now, if they were buying 10,000 at a time in order to arm military units with identical weapons to lower the servicing costs by their armorers and improve reliability with volume it might makes sense but again, hello paper trail.

Keeping them out of the gun shows wouldn't be a solution to this in any rational universe. Even if monkeys fly out my butt and it did help, it wouldn't even make the top five fastest ways to fix the problem.

And they all know it...

Are you making the assumption they are using credit cards to purchase all of these?

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air

I serialized all my 80%’s in case they get stolen. I want them back. If the government was pro-2A and anti-criminal, they could recommend they be serialized, but no requirement for registration would be instituted.

The government is anti-2A and pro-criminal.

Brickman301

Ultimate Member
    Mar 23, 2015
    FREDERICK, MD

And don’t forget about all those firearms that were made before 1968. Before then SN’s weren’t required, and a lot of manufacturers didn’t use them.

Docster

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2010
    You obviously haven't seen the 80% pistol kits that any idiot can finish in about 5 minutes with a pair of pliers and a hand drill.

It was a little different when you had to spend a fair amount of time and money, and then have as least some mechanical ability to mill a 1911 or AR receiver.
    I knew when these Glock kits first came out that it wasn't going to be long before they started showing up on the streets the way they are today.

You're a Mom Demanding Action. I bet you'll justify it further "if it saves just one life". You are neither a 2A supporter nor believe in the Constitution. Your memberships and signature is hypocrisy

Here's the link to SAF. Send them copies of your posts if you've got the guts.

https://www.saf.org/

Tungsten

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2012
    Elkridge, Leftistan
    If gangs are buying 15 at a time, and the feds are staking out the parking lots, wouldn't that be a great opportunity for law enforcement to pick these people up while catching them in the act? Oh wait, I forgot, we can't go actually incarcerating criminals these days.

axshon

Ultimate Member
    May 23, 2010
    Howard County
    Are you making the assumption they are using credit cards to purchase all of these?

I’m making the assumption that there are a hell of a lot more transactions required than an 80% lower and no one getting the vapors is talking about them. There are tons of things they could be doing but they’re not. Why? Because they know damned well gangs are not the problem they’re trying to solve. The problem for them is that a bunch of hillbillies have effective(ish) guns that didn’t go through the system they control.

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    I was just thinking the same thing, as I stare at a stack of P80 frame boxes waiting for me to make them killy. My wife saw the black lettering on the boxes from across the room and says, “What’s a polymerbo?”

I just bought a pile of parts so she can finish her first one solo.

Yeah I think it’s time fir me to jump on the 80% train

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

whistlersmother

Peace through strength
    Jan 29, 2013
    Fulton, MD
    If gangs are buying 15 at a time, and the feds are staking out the parking lots, wouldn't that be a great opportunity for law enforcement to pick these people up while catching them in the act? Oh wait, I forgot, we can't go actually incarcerating criminals these days.

And how is buying 15 paperweights illegal? What can the prosecutor do about legal paperweights?

Sounds like the prosecutor doesn't have the guts to stand up for law-abiding people by burying criminals under the jail after conviction of something that is illegal.

Combloc

Stop Negassing me!!!!!
    Nov 10, 2010
    In a House
    ....................... Oh wait, I forgot, we can't go actually incarcerating criminals these days.

You have no idea how bad it is. I was recently involved in a case where a MoCo judge knocked approx. 5 years off the sentence of a guy who was in this country on a green card. He had raped a nine year old child and has now been released to home detention, to be supervised by a private company no less. There is an ICE detainer but the judge essentially gave the middle finger to the feds and said that he can voluntarily turn himself in when his home detention is finished. Yeah.....that's gonna' happen. In no time, he will disappear like a fart in the wind. I promise you that this once great state's level of libtardia is WAY worse than you can possibly imagine.

randomuser

Ultimate Member
    Nov 12, 2018
    Baltimore County
    I’m making the assumption that there are a hell of a lot more transactions required than an 80% lower and no one getting the vapors is talking about them. There are tons of things they could be doing but they’re not. Why? Because they know damned well gangs are not the problem they’re trying to solve. The problem for them is that a bunch of hillbillies have effective(ish) guns that didn’t go through the system they control.

Much truth in this post.

On another note...
    I can't believe some of undercover Mom's demand action posts that I've seen on this thread.

Combloc

Stop Negassing me!!!!!
    Nov 10, 2010
    In a House
    I haven't decided, but I'm leaning that way.

I don't have any interest in buying any polymer 80's, but then I didn't have any interest in bump stocks either.

One chip at a time...

Exactly. I too have absolutely zero interest in either of those items but banning them is 100% unacceptable. It is quite simply a violation of the principles this country was built upon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mantis

Latest threads

Top Bottom