• dist1646

Ultimate Member
    May 1, 2012
    Eldersburg
    If you are looking for Varget, check out Gun Broker auction # 886059811

:sad20:

Swaim13

Jun 11, 2017
    Same, I dont shoot my rifle that uses Varget that much so might look into selling at that price lol sadly as a private individual, I dont think you can ship powder as you need an explosives license.

Rockzilla

Ultimate Member
    Feb 6, 2010
    55.751244 / 37.618423
    I'll pass, dumped Vargot a while ago... so ain't gotta look for it.

it's been around 192-201 for 8# another place cheaper...:D:D

saw some of the prices / bids on primers..may have to hold out

-Rock

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    really just need to stay tuned to the 'normal' reloading sites as they've had powder and primers at close to pre-covid pricing. prob is you need to JUMP when you see it. thinking half the crap on gunbroker is folks grabbing it 'cheap' at midway etc and then just reselling it immediately.

Rockzilla

Ultimate Member
    Feb 6, 2010
    55.751244 / 37.618423
    really just need to stay tuned to the 'normal' reloading sites as they've had powder and primers at close to pre-covid pricing. prob is you need to JUMP when you see it. thinking half the crap on gunbroker is folks grabbing it 'cheap' at midway etc and then just reselling it immediately.

yes sir fire up the "bots" like buying concert tickets, shoes, everything else to sell and make a profit...

-Rock

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015

I think you can guarantee that. 2013-2015 much of the scarcity was people doing the exact same thing. Even if it is only a quarter of the supply getting slurped up by scalpers, that hugely increases scarcity.

For some stuff I get it is a lot more than a quarter of the supply. Primers and stuff it is probably more than half I’d bet. Even if they aren’t trying to sell them at >>>$100 a box for primers, and/or a business out of scalping I’d bet plenty of other guys still are doing it thinking “well I can trade a case for that gun I’ve been wanting from the guy desperate for primers.

Mix in all the guys who were living box to box and suddenly realized they should have had cases...etc.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    yes sir fire up the "bots" like buying concert tickets, shoes, everything else to sell and make a profit...

-Rock

Likely won’t stop until demand is soft enough that literally no one is buying the stuff at 5x the price and the profit margins for scalping start evaporating. That’s when inventory will start sticking around for hours. Then days. Then some places will have a few options all the time. Then it’ll get flush.

Might take 6 more months to see it start happening. Might take a couple of months. Might take a year or two. Dunno, but that is the likely path.

dist1646

Ultimate Member
    May 1, 2012
    Eldersburg
    Powder and primers are definitely outperforming the stock market if people are paying crazy prices like that! Hmm, if I were the greedy type, I might be able to retire!:innocent0

Rockzilla

Ultimate Member
    Feb 6, 2010
    55.751244 / 37.618423
    Likely won’t stop until demand is soft enough that literally no one is buying the stuff at 5x the price and the profit margins for scalping start evaporating. That’s when inventory will start sticking around for hours. Then days. Then some places will have a few options all the time. Then it’ll get flush.

Might take 6 more months to see it start happening. Might take a couple of months. Might take a year or two. Dunno, but that is the likely path.

afraid so at this point. It's gonna be a ruff ride...like no other

I honestly think manufacturers aren't going to invest crazy money in equipment or equipment upgrades knowing the new Sheriff in town is after all the stuff. Hope I'm wrong...but.. you can hire more people, and if the biz takes a dump, the people are gone, not that easy with equipment. Then throw in Covie..restrictions, cost of materials.

-Rock

gwfrench

Aug 21, 2014
    Frederick, MD
    Since the listing is only buy now, there is no sign that anybody is actually paying that much.
    With shipping of $60 plus sales tax, well north of $1000. That's about $0.88 per round just for powder (47grains/round).

Kirkster

Jan 9, 2009
    Severn, PRoMD
    I think Varget is more of a spring/summer rifle thing demand wise for Marylanders. The only thing I am reloading rifle wise is for 3 gun and a carbine class. Lots of pistol reloading.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tactical Shepherd

Latest threads

Top Bottom