• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ground chuck

Rookie Jedi
    Sep 28, 2013
    Charm City County
    All my vehicles including the kids have medical kits and get home bags.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

cap6888

Ultimate Member
    Oct 2, 2011
    Howard County
    Like many others, I have get home bags and med kits (trauma and booboo) in my car. Also have a bag with various tools and what not. Both cars usually have 6 bottles of water. Plus the other half empty bottles my wife and kids leave in there.

Docster

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2010
    I do the Get Home bag with well-equiped first aid kit in the car. Not bugging out anywhere even if it's Zombieland time

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    Anyone planning on bugging out should take a long hard look at the Ukrainian refugee columns trying to get out of the country. Some have abandoned their vehicles, there are reports of four days on the road and not to safety yet, sixteen year olds being told to go back and fight for your country, the pictures of the grid lock are epic.

Sam Salvati

blacksmith
    Apr 22, 2013
    Finksburg
    This always kills me. Watching all these people on Facebook making their bug out bags now. Cool, so your bugging out, but to where? This isn't the open west and you leaving the city and tring shoot up the country in a SHTF time is just likely to get you shot yourself.

They post "I'm gonna kill squirrels and such to survive." :rolleyes: I wonder how many of these guys ate a squirrel and if they did, noticed without potatoes, or rice or something else they wouldn't be satisfied. Not to mention in the country out here, we don't have a lot of trees everywhere, so not a lot of squirrels unless near the mountains and such. Plus squirrels aren't a long term plan. When the whole world is scratching for food your plan is to live off tree rats when a lot of other might also. Great plan Garth

See if SHTF I'm going to bug in. I would work with my neighbors and we would work together to survive. I can imagine these types of bug outters running to our area and try to survive by competing against the locals. Which is going to be a good way to fail.

*hasn’t spoken to neighbors more than a friendly occasional long distance wave*

psycosteve

Meme magic works!!!
    Sep 3, 2012
    Gentrfying the Hagersbush.
    Anyone planning on bugging out should take a long hard look at the Ukrainian refugee columns trying to get out of the country. Some have abandoned their vehicles, there are reports of four days on the road and not to safety yet, sixteen year olds being told to go back and fight for your country, the pictures of the grid lock are epic.

The Serbian conflict should be looked at for bugging in.

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    The Serbian conflict should be looked at for bugging in.

There is no one right answer every scenario has its down side but by looking at things like Ukraine and Serbia makes it possible to plan better and anticipate problems. All the shelter in place people should be aware they may at some point have to bug out and all the bug outs need to realize they may have to stay where they are for awhile. Be Prepared.

Alea Jacta Est

Extinguished member
    MDS Supporter
    There is no one right answer every scenario has its down side but by looking at things like Ukraine and Serbia makes it possible to plan better and anticipate problems. All the shelter in place people should be aware they may at some point have to bug out and all the bug outs need to realize they may have to stay where they are for awhile. Be Prepared.
    Semper Gumby

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014

...at least until the TP runs out.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Going home only.

That’s my goal. I work in southwest Baltimore and live in Bel Air. If I need to get home on foot, I can do it almost entirely off the beaten path, hopefully in 3-4 days. I’m good on food for a week, season appropriate clothing, sleeping bag, hammock, Sven saw, fire starting and water purification gear. Fits in an ALICE pack. I would never dream of putting a survival type firearm in my back. Practically nothing of the type exists. I have a good knife and a rape whistle (sexy and I know it).

That’s my goal. I work in southwest Baltimore and live in Bel Air. If I need to get home on foot, I can do it almost entirely off the beaten path, hopefully in 3-4 days. I’m good on food for a week, season appropriate clothing, sleeping bag, hammock, Sven saw, fire starting and water purification gear. Fits in an ALICE pack. I would never dream of putting a survival type firearm in my back. Practically nothing of the type exists. I have a good knife and a rape whistle (sexy and I know it).

You would be welcome at my house for an evening; You'll be passing within a mile anyway.
    My walk would be just under 7 miles- straight through Park Heights.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    You would be welcome at my house for an evening; You'll be passing within a mile anyway.
    My walk would be just under 7 miles- straight through Park Heights.

I believe you are correct, that is the way I’m going. Let me look at my maps (they are actually on paper in the car). I’ll add you as a waypoint.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    He just wants your food Doc…and he already knows you’re “well fed”

Sous vide anyone?

Lol. Gotta do me to 165F. No doubt I’m rife with all kinds of unsavory organisms.

He’d be night 1. He’s still got leftovers, I’ll take my chances.

Ecestu

Ultimate Member
    Dec 11, 2016
    If I need to get home on foot, I can do it almost entirely off the beaten path, hopefully in 3-4 days.

Have you thought about actually doing it? That's a serious hike that isn't for the average Joe-citizen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom