• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    What I don't get is all this nonsense they now want to be guaranteed this will never happen again. Not a damn reality check from anyone, that is not even possible. They need to examine that possible doesn't equate to probable. What happened was bad but honestly it has now devolved in to some kind of entitlement now that the Feds must guarantee safety? Crimes like these are handled much better locally, and as Loesch tried to explain that Ball keeps getting dropped. The entire mantra is just an excuse to ban firearms.

The sense of entitlement displayed by those students was jaw-dropping.

The courts have held for decades that the government doesn't even have an overall legal duty to protect you, and they were demanding guarantees of safety last night -- and pretty much receiving them from politicians.

And the Sheriff is clearly a practiced, political finger pointer and manipulator.

Florida, and specifically Broward is home to Ft. Lauderdale, one of the nation's college annual spring break havens for underage drinking, drugs, sex, and general debauchery. The Sheriff, an elected official, needs to make sure that it remains an attractive tourist attraction. Its economy depends on it, in part. Blame anybody and everybody but the locals and their police.

Doctor_M

Certified Mad Scientist
    MDS Supporter
    I didn't have enough antacid to watch this thing last night, but caught the news recap this morning.... I AM PISSED at what I heard from Rubio. He's got some 'splanin to do.

And one more thing.... when did we change the meaning of the word "survivor"? Now suddenly everyone who was on the school grounds at the time of the shooting is a "survivor" of this event? Good grief. There were almost 3,000 students at that school, most of which were nowhere near the line of fire... they are all "survivors"? I consider someone a survivor if they were targeted or injured. Just part of the narrative to grant false hero status to anyone who was in the zipcode at the time.

eruby

Confederate Jew
    MDS Supporter
    I heard a blurb on the radio about students from Temple Baruch (I think) xxxxx at the Florida State Capitol protesting in favor of gun control. :sad20:

As I have said many times, ANY Jew in favor of gun control is either ignorant of the Holocaust, or a moron.

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    I heard a blurb on the radio about students from Temple Baruch (I think) xxxxx at the Florida State Capitol protesting in favor of gun control. :sad20:

As I have said many times, ANY Jew in favor of gun control is either ignorant of the Holocaust, or a moron.

153_large.jpg

Czechnologist

Concerned Citizen
    Mar 9, 2016
    The sense of entitlement displayed by those students was jaw-dropping.

The courts have held for decades that the government doesn't even have an overall legal duty to protect you, and they were demanding guarantees of safety last night -- and pretty much receiving them from politicians.

And the Sheriff is clearly a practiced, political finger pointer and manipulator.

Florida, and specifically Broward is home to Ft. Lauderdale, one of the nation's college annual spring break havens for underage drinking, drugs, sex, and general debauchery. The Sheriff, an elected official, needs to make sure that it remains an attractive tourist attraction. Its economy depends on it, in part. Blame anybody and everybody but the locals and their police.

Spot-on, as usual, Jim. I'm not in the habit of bashing professional LEO's (and never will) but the Sheriff had all the demeanor of a political appointee and seemed well versed in the blame game. Fortunately, his communication skills sucked and I tuned-him-out after a couple of blatherings about guns being the root of all evil.

Granpa Jack??? FML That's too reformed for me! Still, best comic book cover EVER! If Gran'pa Jack was legit, he would've answered little Ira's question with another question. I want to know what Gran'pa Shlomo thinks.

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    Counselors, lawyers, and other professionals always advise people not to make life-changing decisions in a hasty manner immediately after a tragedy like the loss of a spouse or loved one.

Yet, the politicians do the opposite -- they take advantage of people in their moments of greatest weakness and grief.

Unethical. Unprofessional. Despicable.

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    Counselors, lawyers, and other professionals always advise people not to make life-changing decisions in a hasty manner immediately after a tragedy like the loss of a spouse or loved one.

Yet, the politicians do the opposite -- they take advantage of people in their moments of greatest weakness and grief.

Unethical. Unprofessional. Despicable.

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    This wasn't a Town Hall. This was a gun control rally scripted by CNN. They're actually starting to look every bit as biased as MSNBC, and much more dangerous to the people's rights because so many view them as "neutral" or at least moderate.

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    This wasn't a Town Hall. This was a gun control rally scripted by CNN. They're actually starting to look every bit as biased as MSNBC, and much more dangerous to the people's rights because so many view them as "neutral" or at least moderate.

Scripted you say ? See post 295

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    When the vast majority, if not all cheered when banning all semi-auto rifles was proffered, my heart actually sank. I was thinking , wtf power are you people willing to give Government over you? Out of their minds.

This was a staged, scripted, shaming session.

Not a representative sample.

This pretty much went how I thought it would go, except that I disappointed in Rubio. I think Trump broke his spine.

A struggle session was a form of public humiliation and torture used by the Communist Party of China in the Mao Zedong era, particularly during the Cultural Revolution, to shape public opinion and to humiliate, persecute, or execute political rivals and class enemies.[1]

In general, the victim of a struggle session was forced to admit to various crimes before a crowd of people who would verbally and physically abuse the victim until he or she confessed. Struggle sessions were often held at the workplace of the accused, but were sometimes conducted in sports stadiums where large crowds would gather if the target was famous enough

Mightydog

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    I'd love to see some polling data on this issue. That would be very helpful to see if this is something that will burn out or something that will take hold.

Just the same kind of frenzy when that other ******* did the church shooting with a confederate flag then the hysteria about erasing that part of history. Same frenzy now by using school kids. CHILD ABUSE! Why no one brought up lack of mass shootings at colleges? Maybe slightly more mature?

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    Spot-on, as usual, Jim. I'm not in the habit of bashing professional LEO's (and never will) but the Sheriff had all the demeanor of a political appointee and seemed well versed in the blame game. Fortunately, his communication skills sucked and I tuned-him-out after a couple of blatherings about guns being the root of all evil.

Granpa Jack??? FML That's too reformed for me! Still, best comic book cover EVER! If Gran'pa Jack was legit, he would've answered little Ira's question with another question. I want to know what Gran'pa Shlomo thinks.

Thanks. This is only the tip of the iceberg. Ft. Lauderdale and other Florida underage tourist debauchery-dependent jurisdictions have lots of experience looking the other way, covering up, deflecting, and assigning blame for crimes involving teenagers. Their economies depend on it (Can you say, "Spring Break"?)

Fox did a series on it a couple years ago.

This is an extreme case, but they gotta protect business.

I'm a LEO supporter, but something is really fishy with the Broward Sheriff's and other local Broward institutions' operations. The shooters' own community, including school, classmates, and school system, fell flat.

Now they're blaming the NRA, guns, Trump, and everybody but themselves.

How dare they.

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    I hope Rubio's office phones are ringing off the hook today. Nelson's, too.

Broward County has some 'splaining to do.

Rubio:

https://www.rubio.senate.gov/public/
    Address
    284 Russell Senate Office Building
    Washington DC, 20510
    Phone:
    (202) 224-3041

Address
    4580 PGA Blvd.
    Suite 201
    Palm Beach Gardens, FL 33418
    Phone:
    (561) 775 3360

Nelson:
    https://www.billnelson.senate.gov/

United States Senate
    716 Senate Hart Office Building
    Washington, DC 20510

Phone: 202-224-5274
    Fax: 202-228-2183

CrazySanMan

2013'er
    Mar 4, 2013
    Colorful Colorado
    Shooting Survivor: CNN Gave Me "Scripted Question" After Denying Question About Armed Guards
    https://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2018/02/22/shooting_survivor_colton_haab_cnn_gave_me_scripted_question_after_denying_question_about_armed_guards.html
    Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School student Colton Haab said he was approached by CNN to ask a question at Wednesday night's town hall but decided not to after the network gave him a "scripted question," quashing one he wrote himself. Haab, a member of the Junior ROTC shielded students while the school was under attack from the shooter, said he was going to ask about using veterans as armed security guards. (CNN response below.)

"CNN had originally asked me to write a speech and questions and it ended up being all scripted," Haab told WPLG-TV.

"I expected to be able to ask my questions and give my opinion on my questions," Haab said.

"Colton Haab, a member of the Junior ROTC who shielded classmates in the midst of terror says he did not get to share his experience," WPLG's Janine Stanwood explained.

"Colton wrote questions about school safety, suggested using veterans as armed school security guards but claims CNN wanted him to ask a scripted question instead so he decided not to go," Stanwood reported.

"CNN had originally asked me to write a speech and questions and it ended up being all scripted," Haab said. "I don't think that it's going get anything accomplished. It's not gonna ask the true questions that all the parents and teachers and students have."

Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll

Highlights the futility of appearing on CNN. It's scripted agitprop designed to steer sheep in a predetermined direction. Nothing contradicting CNN's narrative will be allowed or tolerated. It's the antithesis of intelligent discussion/debate.

rascal

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    At least Wayne won't be there.

Smart adovacy groups like NRA have people like Dana, cox and LaPierre in the mix -- to talk to different audience. NRA has this intelligent approach that most adovacy groups have.

You have a) someone who is strongly messaging internally to members, to motivate them to participate politically and give money, and b) you have other public persona to message to the general public. this is very common among the most functional adovacy groups.

Now stating democracy is broken because 97 percent, basically everyone in America, support universal background checks. Really?
    Uhm UBC wont work without a federal registry (according to Obama's own DOJ) which is illegal and not supported by anything like a majority.

by the way also the vast majority of Americans OPPOSE UBC for interfamily transfer of ownership or possession. Meaning they support "BC" we have, not "Universal" aspect.

so the vast majority of Americans actually oppose it in the way gun control groups and Dem legislators are pushing it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom