• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Itsa328

May 12, 2017
    Phoenix, MD
    Just joined the board after months of searching for things and reading MDS links that popped up.

I recently got my C&R 03 FFL and was hoping to pick up a CZ52 or a P64 with funds from selling my 1953r SKS. I rarely use it as I picked up an AKM before the ban.

I've had it on consignment in a LGS for a while with no bites. Thought it would have went quickly seeing as new AKs are kind of done in MD save for Yugo M92PAPs here and there. Does a Russian SKS in decent shape command any higher of a price than a Yugo?

What would be a fair price for an arsenal refinished Russian SKS? GunBroker numbers all over the place. Numbers match (whatever that means on a force matched SKSes) that hasn't been bubba'd, has bright bore , no rust/pitting, and shoots well.

aps410

Dec 10, 2015
    Howard County
    Have any pics of it? I recently bought a 1952 Tula SKS all matching minus the magazine and without a bayonet for $430 out the door. So I would think a fair price on your SKS would be somewhere around $500.

Jul 1, 2012
    If it's refinished and force-matched $500 might be a little high I think.
    But ... there's a butt for every seat so to speak, like OP noted prices are all over the place.
    Either way it's more than enough to cover either a CZ-52 (pistol) or P64 plus some ammo :)

Best way to find out is stick it on GunBroker with nice, bright pics and a good description and let the market dictate.

hotdog

Dec 8, 2014
    Harford County
    I bought one four months ago for $450. It is an arsenal refurb, all numbers match, with bayonet , sling and accessories. It is a 1950 Tula.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

toolness1

Ultimate Member
    Jan 5, 2014
    BFE, Missouri
    From what I've seen, 500 seems to be the low to mid end on Gunbroker even for refurbs, so I would stick it on there and just be patient. Someone will bite.

They definitely go for well above what a Yugo or Chinese model would.

If you are patient selling as well as buying, you should be able to nearly buy both of those pistols for what you get from the SKS

toolness1

Ultimate Member
    Jan 5, 2014
    BFE, Missouri
    For what it's worth, 8th edition Standard Catalog of Military Surplus says $500 for VG condition and $600 for excellent condition for a Russian SKS all-matching, add up to 50% for non-import marked.

fred333

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 20, 2013
    For what it's worth, 8th edition Standard Catalog of Military Surplus says $500 for VG condition and $600 for excellent condition for a Russian SKS all-matching, add up to 50% for non-import marked.

Ditto.

Itsa328

May 12, 2017
    Phoenix, MD
    Thanks for the tips everyone. I will have to upload some photos. It is quite nice, felt almost guilty leaving it in the safe for so long.
    It does have CAI's import marks. I will adjust the price to $500 and see what happens.

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    Now may not be the time to sell. From a buyers point of view, $500 will get you a brand new AR15 right now.

aps410

Dec 10, 2015
    Howard County
    Now may not be the time to sell. From a buyers point of view, $500 will get you a brand new AR15 right now.

You got to look at it from a C&R collectors point of view. Thanks to supply and demand there is only one place for surplus rifle prices to go and it's certainly not down. To a surplus collector nowadays there is no better time than the present to buy. Especially since you can buy an AR15 lower receiver and accumulate parts over time.

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    You got to look at it from a C&R collectors point of view. Thanks to supply and demand there is only one place for surplus rifle prices to go and it's certainly not down. To a surplus collector nowadays there is no better time than the present to buy. Especially since you can buy an AR15 lower receiver and accumulate parts over time.

One of the things collectors like to brag about, especially for relatively common C&R weapons, is how cheaply they purchased it for.

I don't think people are going to pay big bucks for common C&R guns right now when you can get decent AR15s for $500. Only one place for those prices to go, too. JMHO.

Itsa328

May 12, 2017
    Phoenix, MD
    One of the things collectors like to brag about, especially for relatively common C&R weapons, is how cheaply they purchased it for.

I don't think people are going to pay big bucks for common C&R guns right now when you can get decent AR15s for $500. Only one place for those prices to go, too. JMHO.

Good point! I am sure I could hold out for a higher selling price but there are some C&R handguns I've been itching to pick up. Probably starting with a P64. The availability of Tokarev ammo has me second guessing a TT33 or CZ52.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom