• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 71Chevelle427

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 19, 2015
    B'More County, Maryland
    Sorry, as I'm not entirely sure how I would "search" this one...plus using a phone, I cannot get the search box to pop up anyway...:o

I'm selling a rifle.
    It is 100% Maryland Legal.
    My ad specifies that it be a Maryland Resident, as that's all I "thought" I'd be legal to sell it to...

What do I need from an ACTIVE DUTY military serviceman that is stationed in Maryland, in order to legally sell a long gun to him?

Does the sale have to go through an FFL, or MSP due to the circumstances?

What about if there are any 10+ capacity magazines?
    Can I simply have an FFL ship them to his home state, where they are not ridiculously illegal?

I'll sure be glad when this darn thing is sold...

Trbo6gn

Ultimate Member
    Jun 30, 2011
    Harford Co.
    Go to meeting location..... Hand rifle to said individual with Md. Legal magazine and take money. End of sale. Depending on comfort level you can ask for a copy of drivers license.

Hit and Run

Ultimate Member
    Oct 15, 2010
    Prince Frederick
    Sorry, as I'm not entirely sure how I would "search" this one...plus using a phone, I cannot get the search box to pop up anyway...:o

I'm selling a rifle.
    It is 100% Maryland Legal.
    My ad specifies that it be a Maryland Resident, as that's all I "thought" I'd be legal to sell it to...

What do I need from an ACTIVE DUTY military serviceman that is stationed in Maryland, in order to legally sell a long gun to him?

Does the sale have to go through an FFL, or MSP due to the circumstances?

What about if there are any 10+ capacity magazines?
    Can I simply have an FFL ship them to his home state, where they are not ridiculously illegal?

Copy of his/her military orders to this state is what an FFL use to ensure residency in MD assuming person is legal resident of different home state.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

71Chevelle427

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 19, 2015
    B'More County, Maryland
    Go to meeting location..... Hand rifle to said individual with Md. Legal magazine and take money. End of sale. Depending on comfort level you can ask for a copy of drivers license.

Copy of his/her military orders to this state is what an FFL use to ensure residency in MD assuming person is legal resident of different home state.

He has said he has no problem whatsoever, signing a bill of sale, providing his state's driver's license, his military orders, 2 forms of Md. residency, and even a Maryland Designated Collector letter... :confused:

Since this is a new one for me, I think I'll just make a copy of everything he wants to give me, then I'll know I did everything I could possibly do...

Thanks guys.

Trbo6gn

Ultimate Member
    Jun 30, 2011
    Harford Co.
    He has said he has no problem whatsoever, signing a bill of sale, providing his state's driver's license, his military orders, 2 forms of Md. residency, and even a Maryland Designated Collector letter... :confused:

Since this is a new one for me, I think I'll just make a copy of everything he wants to give me, then I'll know I did everything I could possibly do...

Thanks guys.
    :party29: Don't overthink it. As long as you did everything possible to make sure he is of good character (which he appears to be) you've met your criteria according to the law.

newmuzzleloader

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 14, 2009
    joppa

When using your fone you have to use the advanced search feature. Regular search the box vanishes. Works for my android fone.

71Chevelle427

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 19, 2015
    B'More County, Maryland
    :party29: Don't overthink it. As long as you did everything possible to make sure he is of good character (which he appears to be) you've met your criteria according to the law.

I agree. :thumbsup:

When using your fone you have to use the advanced search feature. Regular search the box vanishes. Works for my android fone.

Thanks for the tip...:thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom