• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • machman1967

Aug 30, 2009
    Frederick
    If you dissasemble them first it should be ok to ship. Just know that if you reassemble them in maryland -you're breaking the law.

tjohn55

LDO for CNO!
    Jan 13, 2016
    Willards, MD
    You can not buy, take possession of, or ship them to Maryland. Any other way of procuring - i.e. buying in another state, having them shipped to another state and picking them up, or purchasing and bringing back in your checked baggage is perfectly legal.

redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo
    If you dissasemble them first it should be ok to ship. Just know that if you reassemble them in maryland -you're breaking the law.
    Reassembling your own magazines in Maryland is not illegal. If it were you wouldn't be able to clean them or add capacity via extended floor plates. You get into manufacturing if you purchase a kit and assemble it in Maryland for the first time. You would also be manufacturing if you added capacity to a ten round magazine, so that should be done in another State.

Beware of Dog
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 16, 2013
    AA Co
    You can put mags in checked baggage, no issues, you now own them legally... I'd not ship them.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    Okay, I will probably just put them in my checked bag. I just figured sense I physically purchased them and already own them, I could ship them to my home.

Although the risk of being stopped is small and the risk of having your luggage checked during a traffic stop is even smaller, avoid driving through, getting dinner, etc in Washington DC on the return. Possession of the standard capacity mags is illegal in the District. Both Dulles and National airport are within Virginia, but it's easy from National to travel into DC depending on one's route.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Comotion357

Latest threads

Top Bottom