Mandatory headlight use on US-50 between US-13 and MD-90...

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • daggo66

Ultimate Member
    Mar 31, 2013
    Glen Burnie
    How exactly does having headlights on during the day keep you from not seeing a 2000 lb object on the road? I know some idiot will say "It can't hurt", so why don't we attach a mast with a long streamer on every vehicle. That certainly couldn't hurt. Just because it doesn't hurt doesn't mean it helps.

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    Just like conceal carry would stop some of the mass shootings you don't see Maryland forcing everyone to carry.

Not everyone who would be forced to carry would be likely to, or knowledgeable about, stopping a mass shooting. It's very likely that most in the driver seat of a car know how and want to, to operate it to avoid a crash.

yes that was mostly sarcasm

I thought it was mostly a bad analogy.

Mr. Ed

This IS my Happy Face
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2009
    Edgewater
    One possible scenario that I haven't seen brought up is something that happened to me many years ago (don't all good stories start like that?) Once upon a time...

Anyway, I was passing a slow car on a two lane road, with nobody in the oncoming lane and a very long straightaway. Legal passing zone. Some douchebag pulled out from his driveway into the oncoming lane without checking to see if anybody was coming towards him in his lane. I think that if I had my headlights on back then he might have seen me. I drove onto the shoulder on his side of the road, he passed between me and the guy I was passing, and I finished my pass and pulled in front of the car I intended to pass in the first place. Not ideal, but nobody got hurt and it would have been great video for you tube. Or America's dumbest drivers (I'm talking about both me and the guy who pulled out).

Ever since then, I ALWAYS have my headlights on when I'm on a two lane road. Doesn't cost anything, and there's no downside that I know of. I don't like being told that I have to do it, but I choose to do it for my own comfort level. YMMV.

Feb 28, 2013
    How exactly does having headlights on during the day keep you from not seeing a 2000 lb object on the road? I know some idiot will say "It can't hurt", so why don't we attach a mast with a long streamer on every vehicle. That certainly couldn't hurt. Just because it doesn't hurt doesn't mean it helps.

That's how libtards justify everything, kinda like "if we can save just ONE life....":rolleyes:

HeatSeeker

Ultimate Member
    Jun 18, 2012
    Maryland
    Doesn't bother me...lights on lights off, whatever. My truck has auto headlights and daytime driving lights, I'm pretty sure there on in daylight when I am behind the wheel. If not that's OK too. I sometimes see them reflecting in the bumper of the car in front of me other times I don't really pay attention so they might not really be on. At least I know they are on at night.

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    The human eye first catches that which moves.
    Next is that which is brightest.

I guess if you don't like it, contact the representatives of that area to express your disdain and have it changed, or just don't drive there... Sounds like something the locals thought was needed.

Frankly, I don't see the BFD here, especially since most modern cars have daytime running lights.

Feb 28, 2013
    The human eye first catches that which moves.
    Next is that which is brightest.

I guess if you don't like it, contact the representatives of that area to express your disdain and have it changed, or just don't drive there... Sounds like something the locals thought was needed.

Frankly, I don't see the BFD here, especially since most modern cars have daytime running lights.

The issue here is the idea of bein' dictated to because those of here in MD are too stupid to think fer ourselves.

I seriously doubt local input had anything to do with it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rifleman

Latest threads

Top Bottom