• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ddeanjohnson

autodidact
    Aug 21, 2010
    Sig sauer has several p226 variants, and the approved list just says p226. Are they all good to go? Thanks.

The Handgun Roster includes the Sig 226 in 9MM, .40 S&W, .357 SIG, or .22 LR.

If what you're buying is a "Sig 226" in any of those four calibers, you are good to go. When the Roster Board approves a given model and caliber, it approves that model and caliber in all barrel lengths, finishes, sight configurations, and other minor or cosmetic variations. Just make sure that the FFL doesn't clutter up the 77R form with irrelevant material that does not relate to the model and caliber.

If there is a Sig 226 in some caliber other than those four approved calibers, however, you would not be able to finish the transfer until you get the new caliber added to the Roster. This is a fairly simple process for a model that has already been approved, and usually does not require submission of a sample firearm. There is an short application form that any citizen can submit to the Board, requesting a "caliber addition." There is no fee, but it can take a few months to go through the process. Your FFL can hold the gun for you in the meantime.

The Roster also includes something called the Sig P-226 Jubilee in the same four calibers.

Name Taken

Ultimate Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    Central
    The Handgun Roster includes the Sig 226 in 9MM, .40 S&W, .357 SIG, or .22 LR.

If what you're buying is a "Sig 226" in any of those four calibers, you are good to go. When the Roster Board approves a given model and caliber, it approves that model and caliber in all barrel lengths, finishes, sight configurations, and other minor or cosmetic variations. Just make sure that the FFL doesn't clutter up the 77R form with irrelevant material that does not relate to the model and caliber.

According to MSP you are wrong...in particular Mrs. Jenkins.

I had attempted to purchase a Sig 229 Enhanced Elite. This 229 has "229 Elite" on the slide and thus is a different named model.

It was her decision that since it had a different word on the slide other then 229 its a different model and needs to be submitted.

So the same would apply to the 226 with any additional words on the slide

I know every FFL but the one I attempted to use was selling EVERY 226 and 229 as a 226 or 229 regardless. But technical MSP wants them submitted.

HumbleEinstein

May 31, 2012
    Falls Church, VA
    I just got a Sig P226 Enhanced Elite a month ago with no problem. Many others have Elite models in Maryland as well. I would take that issue up with MSP. Elite only indicates cosmetic changes. Some of them understand that and others don't.

Name Taken

Ultimate Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    Central
    I just got a Sig P226 Enhanced Elite a month ago with no problem. Many others have Elite models in Maryland as well. I would take that issue up with MSP. Elite only indicates cosmetic changes. Some of them understand that and others don't.

I did take it up with them...and was told it's a different model since there's a different word on the slide and to submit it.

It has since been added to the list pending approval as well as every other 229 variant listed on their website.

railbird

Mar 13, 2013
    Harford County
    According to MSP you are wrong...in particular Mrs. Jenkins.

I had attempted to purchase a Sig 229 Enhanced Elite. This 229 has "229 Elite" on the slide and thus is a different named model.

It was her decision that since it had a different word on the slide other then 229 its a different model and needs to be submitted.

So the same would apply to the 226 with any additional words on the slide

I know every FFL but the one I attempted to use was selling EVERY 226 and 229 as a 226 or 229 regardless. But technical MSP wants them submitted.

So does this mean the SR1911CMD is legal??? It only says SR1911 on the slide. Even the serial numbers on both the FS and CMD start with 670-.

Name Taken

Ultimate Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    Central
    So does this mean the SR1911CMD is legal??? It only says SR1911 on the slide. Even the serial numbers on both the FS and CMD start with 670-.

I'm not here to debate a screwed up law which apparently is left for a civilian position in the MSP who makes (I'm guessing 40K a year at most) to interpert.

I'm just telling my process and what I was told directly regarding the firearm I purchased.

The 229 EE is just like the 226 EE. I'm guessing if someone called and asked about the 226 EE they are going to be told to submit just like I was.

The other 229/226 variants without any additional wording on the slide seem to meet the muster.

The fact that the 229 EE functions no different then any other 229 with SRT and besides some slide serrations and a different grip looks no different then any other 229 did not matter.

Hence my several month wait.

We are dealing with the same group that wanted Gen 4 Glocks submitted for lords sake.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    cfreeman818

Latest threads

Top Bottom