• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rambling_one

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 19, 2007
    Bowie, MD
    This to the general assembly:

The other day a Maryland off duty sheriff's deputy came home to find his front door damaged.

When he went inside he encountered a burglar in his home.

The homeowner drew a firearm and shot the burglar, who died from his wounded.

I look forward to the day when ordinary folks can enter their homes armed, rather than being restricted to having a gun inside the residence.

Had this home invasion been at my place, I would have been entering unarmed.

Last edited:

SWO Daddy

Ultimate Member
    Jun 18, 2011
    This to the general assembly:

The other [day?] a Maryland off duty sheriff's deputy came home to find his front door damaged.

When he went inside he encountered a burglar in his home.

The homeowner drew a firearm and shot the burglar, who [later] died from his wounds.

I look forward to the day when ordinary folks can enter their homes armed, rather than being restricted to having a gun inside the residence.

Had this home invasion been at my place, I would have been entering unarmed.

nm

brighid

Feb 6, 2013
    here
    Agreed. I came home to a burglary not long after I bought my house. Thank god I was young and the only thing I had of worth was some Ramen noodles. As I was coming in the front door they were going out the back window. If that were to happen today they would be in my house with my protection. If I was allowed to carry criminals wouldn’t have the access to steal them and I would have protection from them.

The deputy was able to carry a gun without the gun going off and killing him or his family or other innocent people. That's because LEOs are uniquely qualified to "tame" guns and handle them with impunity. Just ask the instructor at the BPD training facility at Rosewood. But if any of the rest of us were carrying that deputy's gun, it might jump out of its holster in the middle of the night and kill us and/or our family. I can't say with 100% certainty that it would, but probably.

We're all better off without guns. If we need to be protected, the police can do it. If they can't, we're still better off than if we had guns of our own.

Armed Citizen

Jul 27, 2010
    Agreed. I came home to a burglary not long after I bought my house. Thank god I was young and the only thing I had of worth was some Ramen noodles. As I was coming in the front door they were going out the back window. If that were to happen today they would be in my house with my protection. If I was allowed to carry criminals wouldn’t have the access to steal them and I would have protection from them.

Holy crap that's intense. Good thing you didn't walk in a couple minutes earlier when they were in the middle of rummaging.

pilgrim

The deputy was able to carry a gun without the gun going off and killing him or his family or other innocent people. That's because LEOs are uniquely qualified to "tame" guns and handle them with impunity. Just ask the instructor at the BPD training facility at Rosewood. But if any of the rest of us were carrying that deputy's gun, it might jump out of its holster in the middle of the night and kill us and/or our family. I can't say with 100% certainty that it would, but probably.

We're all better off without guns. If we need to be protected, the police can do it. If they can't, we're still better off than if we had guns of our own.

That why I refuse to purchase to same gun (Glock .40) issued to my county police. My personal handgun was tamed by county officer, it appeared to work fine while in his hands. I can honestly say it has not jumped out of its holster in the middle of the night and tried kill us and/or my family since then.
    I should probably buy another handgun to keep it company while its in the safe, you know, to keep it socialized and not too rambunctious.

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    They'd read that, but they're too busy trying to eliminate the death penalty while stripping legal gun owners of their weapons.

motox79

May 24, 2010
    damascus
    The truly sad thing is, that if you walk up to your home and find a forced entrance, you are supposed to leave and call police. You have NO RIGHT to portect your property....hell....its enough of a headache if you are FORCED to protect your life!

codefive

Jun 9, 2012
    The truly sad thing is, that if you walk up to your home and find a forced entrance, you are supposed to leave and call police. You have NO RIGHT to portect your property....hell....its enough of a headache if you are FORCED to protect your life!

That right there speaks volumes IMO.
    Further pushing the "Pussification of America"
    It used to be "Land of the Free and Home of the Brave"
    Now its "Land of the illegal and Home of the entitled"

codefive

Jun 9, 2012
    If only there were laws to prevent someone from breaking and entering then stealing property...oh wait. Nevermind!

LOL ... yes, there are laws ... laws to protect the criminals.
    Stop thinking rationally.

Years ago I lived in another very blue state. I watched a friend get sued because a burglar hurt himself while breaking & entering and won. I was like "WTF, are you serious?" It was a sad state of affairs. Left that state and never looked back and now I find myself facing the possibility of similar BS in the near future ... "Hello, Uhaul? ..."

That why I refuse to purchase to same gun (Glock .40) issued to my county police. My personal handgun was tamed by county officer, it appeared to work fine while in his hands. I can honestly say it has not jumped out of its holster in the middle of the night and tried kill us and/or my family since then.
    I should probably buy another handgun to keep it company while its in the safe, you know, to keep it socialized and not too rambunctious.

Well, I'd keep a close eye on it anyway. And if you do buy another one, better have a LEO "break" it for you, otherwise you can never tell what it might do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom