Are builder's wells checked by health Dept?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cyrano_oneone

Dec 15, 2011
    Columbia, MD
    Are the builders required to submit the well to the health department for testing?

I just had a house built in Milton. I remember talking to the the building manager and he said the well had been tested by the health department.

3 months later I had my well tested and the Health Department says the water is not fit for drinking (high nitrates).

The building manager does not remember having talked about the well being tested.

Does anyone know what the rules in Delaware are for drilling a well. Does the builder have to get the well certified?

thanks

t84a

USCG Master
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2013
    West Ocean City, MD
    I haxx to have my well tested in Garrett County in order to get the Certificate of Occupancy. Lenders also requure it. It would be odd to bypass both of those.

Are the builders required to submit the well to the health department for testing?

I just had a house built in Milton. I remember talking to the the building manager and he said the well had been tested by the health department.

3 months later I had my well tested and the Health Department says the water is not fit for drinking (high nitrates).

The building manager does not remember having talked about the well being tested.

Does anyone know what the rules in Delaware are for drilling a well. Does the builder have to get the well certified?

thanks

How high are the nitrates?

gizzard

Oct 30, 2012
    hagerstown
    nitrates will test higher when rainy, sometimes during a very dry spell. nitrates higher if nearby farmers spread manure on their fields before testing. test again in a few weeks. we are tested annually for in-home care. we use large jugs for a few weeks and retest. health department would like us to install a reverse osmosis filter, my hard water would destroy it before the next year. cartridge filters calcify as well. it can be so many parts per million, even 11 parts per million versus 10 parts is a failure.
    you could have other issues

whistlersmother

Peace through strength
    Jan 29, 2013
    Fulton, MD
    HoCo MD required the well to be tested when house was built.
    A nice lady from HoCo health dept did a follow-up test for some reason.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom