• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • amusa

May 13, 2018
    Montgomery County
    I been around shooting multiples of hand guns and long guns for a long time. I have been participating in few skeet and trap privet events.

I have couple of question. I got my HQL certificate from Gilbert in Rockville. Tomorrow I'm doing my finger printing. Do I need to bring the certificate with me or can I just give them the QHIC number?

My other question Is for the collector license. I understand I need to print out the forum, have it Notarize and send it in by mail. Is this correct? I understand with this license I can buy (2) guns in 30 days but I will only receive (1) gun in 30 days and the other gun in within 60 days due to a cool down period. I think that's how It was explain by my HQL instructor. I hope I understand it correctly.

Dave MP

Retired USA
    Jun 13, 2010
    Farmland, PA

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    1. You do not need the certificate to get printed.

2. You can buy two firearms at once, but then need to wait 60 days to purchase the next one.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA

Attachments

• msi_welcome.jpg
      msi_welcome.jpg
      30.2 KB · Views: 212

armed_economist

Dec 4, 2017
    You don't need HQL to do fingerprints. But you do need the reference number to give them so they know where to send the fingerprints to. Welcome!

amusa

May 13, 2018
    Montgomery County
    Thanks for clearing it up with the collector license.

I have my HQL Certs in the car (it has the number on the cert) here with me at the office and I'm getting ready to leave in couple of hours to do the fingerprint in Rockville off East Guide Drive.

amusa

May 13, 2018
    Montgomery County
    Everything is done on my part and now I sit back and wait.

22, 9 and maybe a 45 Semi-Auto pistol. I'm still up on the fence but I'm looking into Smith and Wesson and Remington. I'm looking for something that feels right in my small hands. Also have a Winchester 12g if this count.

I have fired Colt 45 revolver, Glock 9mm and a Remington 22mm out of these guns the Remington feels perfect in my hands. the Glock was a little heavy but I still can manage and the Colt I been struggling to keep my hand to stop shaking.

Smokescreen

Knight who say Ni
    Feb 9, 2012
    Frederick, MD
    Welcome to the forum. You will find a lot of good information and opinions here.

Let me offer a little information and my opinions.

1. In Maryland, you can take possession of 1 regulated firearm every 30 days or 2 at one time and then have to wait 60 days before you can take possession of another regulated firearm. This is of course after the 8 day wait (day one is the day the paperwork is submitted).

2. Once you have taken possession of a regulated firearm you can then apply for designated collectors status. If approved, it removes the 30 day wait between when you can take possession. You still have the 8 day wait for the paperwork processing time (silly outdated allowing time for applications to be mailed back and forth part of the law).

3. Based on what you detailed that your HQL instructor informed you, I would recommend looking around at other ranges/FFL's/instructors and find a good one that you can build a relationship with. It can be worth the drive to find a good range/ffl/instructor that you can partner with on your firearms journey. There are many great Industry Partners (IP) here on MDShooters as well as recommendations for other FFLs and ranges that are not IP's.

Again welcome and enjoy the wait for being "not disapproved"

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    Everything is done on my part and now I sit back and wait.

22, 9 and maybe a 45 Semi-Auto pistol. I'm still up on the fence but I'm looking into Smith and Wesson and Remington. I'm looking for something that feels right in my small hands. Also have a Winchester 12g if this count.

I have fired Colt 45 revolver, Glock 9mm and a Remington 22mm out of these guns the Remington feels perfect in my hands. the Glock was a little heavy but I still can manage and the Colt I been struggling to keep my hand to stop shaking.

You know, I want a 22mm. It is 2mm larger than the 20mm that goes in the Vulcan, 3mm smaller than the 25mm that goes in the Bushmaster chain gun, and 8mm smaller than the 30mm that goes into the GAU-8 in the A-10 Warthog.

Where can I buy one of these awesome 22mm guns?

Tower43

USMC - 0311
    Jul 6, 2010
    Lusby, MD
    Welcome.
    I work in MoCo (primary assignment is Fire Station 12 in White Oak)
    I live in Calvert.

Welcome to the land of the (almost) free !

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom