• ...and so much more!
  • CHEF

May 25, 2011
    frederick Md
    The Greater Philadelphia Expo Center
    100 Station Ave, Oaks, PA 19456

$12 Friday 1-8, Saturday 9-5, Sunday 9-4

1700 tables

Never been to this because it's about 2 hours away.

Thinking about making a day trip out of it if it would be worthwhile.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    I go every year. In my opinion, it's the greatest gun show in this area. Just one word of warning. DO NOT EAT THE FOOD. There are a lot of different vendors. You will have the sock and jerky dealers, but it's not that bad. 15 tables out of 1700 isn't bad at all. It will take you every bit of 3-4 hours to go through it. I've got a bad knee so I don't go through as many times as I would want to. I used to run through the first time looking for the firearm deals, those things that I can't live without. Then I would take my time and hit every table and look closely for anything I missed the first time.

I try my best to see everything I can. I also like seeing those vendors who no longer come to the Maryland shows. Dennis Todd and his wife are my favorites. Don't discount the small 1-2 table vendors. There is a guy that only has 2 tables, but every year I end up spending a few hundred dollars there. He usually has Colt 9mm mags for my AR9, but I think I finally have enough, so I'll leave them to the folks that need them.

I'm probably going to be there at 1pm on Friday. My son who llives in PA is too busy with work and the new baby, so I'm not going to ask him this year.

There will be more people there than you've seen at any other show, but they get you in the show pretty quickly and there are W I D E aisles for you to walk.

Good luck!

CHEF

May 25, 2011
    frederick Md
    I go every year. In my opinion, it's the greatest gun show in this area. Just one word of warning. DO NOT EAT THE FOOD. There are a lot of different vendors. You will have the sock and jerky dealers, but it's not that bad. 15 tables out of 1700 isn't bad at all. It will take you every bit of 3-4 hours to go through it. I've got a bad knee so I don't go through as many times as I would want to. I used to run through the first time looking for the firearm deals, those things that I can't live without. Then I would take my time and hit every table and look closely for anything I missed the first time.

I try my best to see everything I can. I also like seeing those vendors who no longer come to the Maryland shows. Dennis Todd and his wife are my favorites. Don't discount the small 1-2 table vendors. There is a guy that only has 2 tables, but every year I end up spending a few hundred dollars there. He usually has Colt 9mm mags for my AR9, but I think I finally have enough, so I'll leave them to the folks that need them.

I'm probably going to be there at 1pm on Friday. My son who llives in PA is too busy with work and the new baby, so I'm not going to ask him this year.

There will be more people there than you've seen at any other show, but they get you in the show pretty quickly and there are W I D E aisles for you to walk.

Good luck!
    Awesome! Thanks for the info. Think I'm gonna try to make it Saturday or Sunday.

JohnnyE

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 18, 2013
    MoCo
    I always find the Oaks show to be worthwhile, even though, for me, it is a 150 mile one-way drive. The 2,000 table show in March, and the 1,700 table October show are my favorites. They are of a slightly different character than the Nation's Gun Shows in Chantilly, Oaks having much more C&R arms. Don't eat at the show. You're near Philly, so grab a cheesesteak. That's what I do.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    Awesome! Thanks for the info. Think I'm gonna try to make it Saturday or Sunday.

A follow up to the DON'T EAT THE FOOD part of my post. When I'm there and I do get hungry, I will buy a soft pretzel and a drink. Anything else, it's buyer beware.

Neot

Ultimate Member
    Mar 11, 2009
    South County
    Usually go back home to PA and visit the family there and make it a day trip. Not going to make this one but will be sending my uncle in my place. He always turns up some sort of good deal I didn't know I was looking for lol

Art3

Eqinsu Ocha
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2015
    Harford County
    The Greater Philadelphia Expo Center
    100 Station Ave, Oaks, PA 19456

$12 Friday 1-8, Saturday 9-5, Sunday 9-4

1700 tables

Never been to this because it's about 2 hours away.

Thinking about making a day trip out of it if it would be worthwhile.

Mr. Smith summed it up. You should definitely go at least once in your life just to behold the scale of it. I'm thinking it may be a little more than two hours from Frederick, but still worth the drive.

Art3

Eqinsu Ocha
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2015
    Harford County

Good luck!

Shooters and their knees...:sad20:

My dad and I also used to zip through the gun shows once for the blazing deals, then take our time to see everything too. Nowadays we try to take it all in with one pass. One of his knees is...well...matching numbers and old enough to be C&R...by a good bit. The other is only a few months old. I don't think we ever could have gone through Oaks twice (and I'm not suggesting I could do it on my own either!:o). We made it through once last year on the old knee...I'm pretty sure we're going to give the new one a test run.

I usually pretty much live in work boots...but I'll definitely be in my walkin' shoes for Oaks.

CHEF

May 25, 2011
    frederick Md
    Mr. Smith summed it up. You should definitely go at least once in your life just to behold the scale of it. I'm thinking it may be a little more than two hours from Frederick, but still worth the drive.

You're right. Looks closer to 3 hours.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    You're right. Looks closer to 3 hours.

Yeah, I live in Harford County and it takes me about 1.5 hours to get there. My problem is there's no direct route to get there. The straightest route takes me up 202 and Route 1, through small towns and a LOT of traffic lights. Other than that it's 95 to 476 to 76 to the facility. So, I'm making a big circle around the place to get there.

Usually it's not a big deal because my son lives close by, so I stop by, drop off my carry gun and then it's only a 15 minute drive.

But this year, it looks like I'll be going by myself, so I've got to see what my best route will be for a Friday afternoon.

Hope you make it to this show!

CHEF

May 25, 2011
    frederick Md
    Yeah, I live in Harford County and it takes me about 1.5 hours to get there. My problem is there's no direct route to get there. The straightest route takes me up 202 and Route 1, through small towns and a LOT of traffic lights. Other than that it's 95 to 476 to 76 to the facility. So, I'm making a big circle around the place to get there.

Usually it's not a big deal because my son lives close by, so I stop by, drop off my carry gun and then it's only a 15 minute drive.

But this year, it looks like I'll be going by myself, so I've got to see what my best route will be for a Friday afternoon.

Hope you make it to this show!
    I think I'll be there Sunday since I'll already be in Philadelphia.

BALBZ

bad ass LBZ that is
    Apr 6, 2013
    Eastern Shore MD
    What are everyone's thoughts on going Friday?

Will all tables be set up by 1 or do venders get to come in any time Friday? Also do you guys think prices get better towards the end of the show?

I am debating heading up Friday versus Sat. or Sun. to try to beat some of the crowd. I don't mind walking the show when it is full of people but it sure does take off some of the pressure to keep walking when its not so crowded. I like to take my time and see the whole show at my own pace but if all vendors will not be there by 1 I may miss out on something.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    What are everyone's thoughts on going Friday?

Will all tables be set up by 1 or do venders get to come in any time Friday? Also do you guys think prices get better towards the end of the show?

I am debating heading up Friday versus Sat. or Sun. to try to beat some of the crowd. I don't mind walking the show when it is full of people but it sure does take off some of the pressure to keep walking when its not so crowded. I like to take my time and see the whole show at my own pace but if all vendors will not be there by 1 I may miss out on something.

There will be some vendors coming in after they open to the public. There will other vendors (usually very small businesses) that won't be set up until Saturday.

I've gone on Fridays before and I've been very satisfied.

In yesteryears, vendor would discount their wares on Sunday, but not anymore. I doubt you will accomplish anything by going on Sunday other than maybe missing that 1 gun or product that you really wanted.

Also, DO NOT find something that you want and think that you can walk through the show only to come back to buy it. From experience, I've found that many times it's gone. If you find something, at a price you can live with, buy it right then and there. You'll thank me when you come back.

Also, don't walk away while waiting at the vendor's table when waiting for someone to wait on you. Put your hand on the item you want or pick it up and hold it. I've seen arguments break out over this situation before.

Gordon

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2011
    Baltimore City
    Oaks is one show I don't miss.I always take water and protein bars to any show. Providing I get ok from Dr. I'll be there Saturday,recovering from knee surgery.

Rob R.

Oct 29, 2016
    Harford Co
    Never been before and 1.5hr drive from Harford co sounds worth the trouble.
    Best day to go? I always assumed Saturday would have the most vendors but also the biggest crowd, Sunday would be less crowded but also several things sold by then but opportunity to maybe get a slightly better deal late Sunday when vendors begin to wrap up for the event.

What about Friday? Are most all vendors present? I wouldn't mind taking the trip Friday afternoon with a smaller crowd

2701Jim

May 5, 2011
    Northern Baltimore County
    OAKS

I've been going the last 10 years or so. I have found that Friday is the day to go even though there may be a few late arriving vendors. The people that come late Saturday or Sunday will never know the deals that they missed because the items will be long gone to another home. Jusy my 2cents.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom