• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ultraplanet

Shooter
    Jan 10, 2013
    Swanton
    I've gotten a few tips from Robby Orent and I'm an old middle aged guy. He seems willing to work with anybody that shows interest. Very knowledgeable shooter.

And about action matches at Peacemaker..... The last 2 I have attended (2 gun and NRA AR) my squad was dominated by a teenage shooter. By a lot too, like twice as fast as the rest of us. The movement advantage defiantly goes to the young and I'm okay with that.

ETA - Photoracer has a wealth of knowledge to share as well. Any clinic he were to offer will be worth your time.

mtnshooter

Nov 4, 2015
    I reccomend getting her into service rifle matches. No evaluation is needed, all skill levels are welcomed. There may be a state junior team that you may get support with gear and coaching from. Fort Hill Rifle and Pistol club waives match fees for juniors also, and would be a good resource.

good guy 176

R.I.P.
    Dec 9, 2009
    Laurel, MD
    Monumental Rifle and Pistol Club has a juniors program. We welcome any interested shooter to attend. The coaches are great! They meet Friday nights from 6pm-9pm and on Saturday mornings from 8:30AM-noon

Monumental is your best bet. Your daughter is doing well. Note that the US high power record holder is a woman, Sherri Gallagher, who set the record at Camp Perry a few years ago when she shot a very nice 2396/2400 score to beat out Carl Bernosky, 2395, by a single point. They both bettered the then national record (2389) that day; the previous champ was David Tubb, a Texan. Sherri is currently a member of the US Army's Golden Knights; she's a go getter. Her mother and father are both distinguished firearms competitors.

Personally, I am a certified rifle and pistol instructor, am one of the oldest still competing in MD, and I started with a borrowed .22 Winchester at age 12, or 1952. The shooting sports is great for boys and girls, and it is a safe sport and one that an individual can enjoy for life.

Lew--Ranger63

Magnumst

Ultimate Member
    Mar 26, 2013
    After speaking with my daughter about this and watching different videos she was very excited about perusing this. I would like to take her to an event and let her see it first hand and get her started. Thanks for all the input and I will be contacting some of you for help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Jtlambo

Latest threads

Top Bottom