• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gamer_jim

Podcaster
    Feb 12, 2008
    Hanover, PA
    I'm against SB281, but feel much more qualified to talk more about Shall Issue than well regulated militias.

If I get up there and and talk primarily about our right to self defense outside the home would i be out of order?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Mr H

Banana'd
    I'm against SB281, but feel much more qualified to talk more about Shall Issue than well regulated militias.

If I get up there and and talk primarily about our right to self defense outside the home would i be out of order?

The bill scheduled for 2/6 is SB281, so yeah... I'd say that (maybe geared toward effective home protection??) should be the focus of testimony since carry isn't a main component of the bill.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air

Read the bill. I'm sure you will find some points you would like to discuss.

navycraig

Ultimate Member
    Aug 3, 2009
    St. Mary's
    I don't think it will be just the AWB. This is part of an e-mail I, and many others have received from Senator Jacobs. Note that she says she believes that all gun bills will be heard that day.

"Please plan on being there all day and evening. The hearing will go late into the night. I anticipate that ALL gun bills will be heard at the same time in one massive hearing on February 6, 2013.

This is what I am hearing: Each person testifying will be given approximately 3 minutes to speak on all of the bills. It is unlikely that there will be separate hearings on individual bills. I anticipate that the Chairman will say something like, “tell me what you like or don’t like about each bill you wish to testify on.”"

Mr H

Banana'd
    I don't think it will be just the AWB. This is part of an e-mail I, and many others have received from Senator Jacobs. Note that she says she believes that all gun bills will be heard that day.

"Please plan on being there all day and evening. The hearing will go late into the night. I anticipate that ALL gun bills will be heard at the same time in one massive hearing on February 6, 2013.

This is what I am hearing: Each person testifying will be given approximately 3 minutes to speak on all of the bills. It is unlikely that there will be separate hearings on individual bills. I anticipate that the Chairman will say something like, “tell me what you like or don’t like about each bill you wish to testify on.”"

The bold is the normal process... But this one appears to be taken out of sequence. Will be interesting to see.

We could be looking at several hundred people cramming into the Committee room, or possibly moving the hearing into a larger chamber.

My gut feeling is that they will either withdraw the bill before the 6th (in which case the rally will grow by that number), or suffer through the testimony in order to pick out the things they will need to "fix" to come up with a bill that they might be able to resubmit.

The latter is the main reason we really shouldn't be saying a whole lot about loopholes or broken pieces in open forum.

Gbh

Ultimate Member
    Nov 25, 2012
    The latter is the main reason we really shouldn't be saying a whole lot about loopholes or broken pieces in open forum.

This^^^^^^^^

Please don't document the loopholes and things that are mis-written in our favor. By doing so, we are making their job of taking things away form us easier. Most of us know where the gray areas are. Obviously, they don't.

Quick story-

A relative was a secretary at a retail establishment and wanted to be manager. When the regional manager came in and asked her how well she thought the current manager was doing, she said he was clueless, saying that the manager hired her for $5 more per hour than the going rate. (You see where this is going?) Two weeks later she was terminated for some supposed other reason.

The point is, it is better to be quietly aware of things like the loopholes and poorly written language for our own good and not make the other side aware.

Straightshooter

Ultimate Member
    Aug 28, 2010
    Baltimore County
    There's not a chance this bill will be withdrawn. Frosh has a steady stream of sticky stuff running down his leg just dreaming about sending it to the floor.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

SomeGuy

Jan 19, 2013
    Severna Park
    Not right now

Currently only 2 bills on 2nd issues have been given Hearing dates

SB0281 Firearm Safety Act of 2013
    SB0266 Regulated Firearms - Database - Applications for Dealer's License - Record Keeping and Reporting Requirements

These are the ones currently up for 6 Feb 13 @ 1pm

I expect others will be added -

The one where you will be critical is for HB0038 , which includes this wonderful item

"REPEALING the requirement that the Secretary find that a person has a GOOD and SUBSTANTIAL reason to wear, carry, or transport a handgun before issuing a handgun permit to the person;"

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom