Moving In from Kentucky/Thoughts on housing?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lawdog89

Mar 23, 2012
    Germantown
    I'm sure you have your reasons but why would you want to come to this liberal ******** of a state? Good luck and welcome.

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    Give Eldersburg 20-30 years and i’m sure it’ll be just like Randallstown and Reisterstown, so I wouldn’t suggest living there. Its not a bad area right now though.

You are very optimistic. Eldersburg seems to be going fast, since they opened the Walmart especially.

I think the only thing giving us a reprieve is that supposedly the bridges can't accommodate buses.

themoose06

Sep 11, 2016
    You are very optimistic. Eldersburg seems to be going fast, since they opened the Walmart especially.

I think the only thing giving us a reprieve is that supposedly the bridges can't accommodate buses.

Oh yeah the Walmart played a part in thise negative change. I say 20-30 years because it’ll take time for the housing to go down in value and for good people to leave/bad people to move in. Once the bad people live in Eldersburg, then its toast. As long as they are commuting in it won’t be as bad.

I’d rather live in VA or PA and commute an hour or hour and a half into MD

Orion

May 30, 2018
    Hi all,

Wow, with this many great folks logging in and sharing great advice, this has to be a great place, even given all the blueness. Thank you so much everyone. My wife and I've been talking and it helps a lot to confirm some the things that we've learned, and to hear the new advice. I'll keep everybody posted questions regarding transporting iron into the state.

Is there really a requirement to register a handgun? I may have misinterpreted this.

Thanks all y'all,

Orion

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    Hi all,

Wow, with this many great folks logging in and sharing great advice, this has to be a great place, even given all the blueness. ...

That, and it's been pouring down rain all weekend, so here we are.

The "registration" thing was always voluntary until 2013, but yes, new residents have to register handguns.

You also need to get a Handgun Qualification License (HQL) to buy new handguns. Only to acquire new ones, not to possess the ones you already have. Many of us still refuse to get one. C&R handguns are exempt from the HQL, by the way.

These laws were part of the FSA2013, which I think stands for "F***y- S***y Action, or something. Anyway, FSA2013 was calculated to achieve two goals:

1) Ensure Governor O'Malley would win the Presidency in 2016

and

2) Eliminate crime, violence, aggressive driving, and excessive rainfall in the People's Utopia of Maryland.

So I guess it was worth it, to live in Utopia...

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    How is this not "infringe[ing]"? How are pistols different than "...arms"?

It’s MD. They don’t care about the Constitution

We don' need no steenking Constitution!

Welcome to Maryland! The Infringement State!

We're not California yet, but we're gaining on 'em!

Here's O'Malley bragging about his achievements:

His facial expressions are priceless!

I hope I don't get banned for posting that.

tourrider

Grumpy
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 9, 2009
    Corry, PA
    Greetings y'all and thanks for the great site.

We're moving in from Kentucky in a few months and just started househunting. It is a bit of sticker shock to see prices but the job' s going to be super and folks are great.

We're looking in Baltimore County (due to commute time) for something about +/- 1500ft2 with hopefully 3 or so acres, somewhereabouts in the area between Granite and west Towards Milford Mill, and north of Ellicott city (prayers out to all those there). If anyone's interested in a for-sale-by-owner please PM.

We've got some questions about bringing the firearms in; I've been reading the regs and I think we're okay with no large clips or anything from the list of regulated ARs or pistols but will put up some specific questions in a little bit.

Thanks again for the great site and the fellowship in all the posts.

Orion

Welcome from Carroll County. Where will you be driving to every morning? What is your commute?

Orion

May 30, 2018
    Hi all again,

Looks like events have moved pretty quickly-we were able to put out offer in on a place not far from the Patapsco River. Will see how it goes.

Is it worth moving a gun safe? We have a pretty big one but the moving allowance is decent. From all the great posts (and thanks), I guess it's going to be time to keep the iron locked up 24/7 now. Has the pistol registration been tested in court? Do y'all think it could survive a constitutional challenge?

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    ...a place not far from the Patapsco River.

Whereabouts? Mt. Airy? Sykesville? West Baltimore?

Above High Water?

FSA2013 doesn't look to be going anywhere soon. Too many states like New York and Illinois have even worse systems that have been in place for years.

You're coming from perhaps the very best gun owner state to about the fifth worst. It would really help if you spent some time in California or New Jersey first. Then you would be cheering your new freedom here in the Free State. But alas, it's going to be tough.

You need to start posting outside the Introductions section, so you can build your post count with the 50 meaningful posts that get you into the Water Cooler. That's where the Drunk Posts are.

Meanwhile, check out the Maryland 2A section.
    https://www.mdshooters.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LikeThatHendrix

Latest threads

Top Bottom