• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rockstarr

Major Deplorable
    Feb 25, 2013
    The Bolshevik Lands
    Beautiful. Like the stainless bbl too.

Can also ask a question though? I see tons of folks with BUIS pinned under a scope. How useful is that? Do you have a QD scope mount? I get it for a SHTF gun, to pull out a multi-tool in an emergency and remove the scope/mount if damaged or malfunctioning to keep you operational. I have that same setup on 2 of my rigs, and will probably remove them or change to 45deg offset sights. I'm only now questioning the practicality of $100 worth of un-useable sights, I've done it myself and now I'm wondering why.

if im running buis on a rifle with an optic over top, its on a qd mount. If indeed its a shtf rifle. if its not a shtf rifle, im not pressed to have buis on it, if it has an optic :)

Indiana Jones

Wolverine
    Mar 18, 2011
    CCN
    if im running buis on a rifle with an optic over top, its on a qd mount. If indeed its a shtf rifle. if its not a shtf rifle, im not pressed to have buis on it, if it has an optic :)

A former Green Beret did a great video on that and how in a full career and multiple deployments, he never saw anyone use them. He explains how he would rather have ideal eye relief and a comfortable stock over a collapsed stock with BUIS that he *might* use. He is referencing military issue ACOGs and the like. Prism sights with poor eye relief. More forgiving these days but either way, good video. I’m on the hopper and cant seem to get my browser to load. Pretty sure it was a guy named Frank Proctor. That name sticks in my mind. I could be wrong, it happens more than I think!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

omegared24

Ultimate Member
    Dec 23, 2011
    Ijamsville, MD
    The one on the left is the most recent build.

Attachments

• 20180429_134605.jpg
      20180429_134605.jpg
      82.6 KB · Views: 593

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    Here is the pics of the Upper that Omegared24 now owns.

Attachments

• 7aab3444-5c9a-4b8d-9dcc-f8290331ef23_zpsep0ycveq.jpg
      7aab3444-5c9a-4b8d-9dcc-f8290331ef23_zpsep0ycveq.jpg
      62.3 KB · Views: 483
    • aed2534c-f1cd-4ef7-971a-4ff3e6c3cb5d_zpslruq3n76.jpg
      aed2534c-f1cd-4ef7-971a-4ff3e6c3cb5d_zpslruq3n76.jpg
      60.2 KB · Views: 482

jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    I NEED an upper like the one you have on the bottom there. Where did you get it?

It happened to show up in the classifieds late one night and I hit the commit to buy button.

The seller is some sort of gunsmith that teaches classes. I heard he's pretty good.

I put an ad in the classifieds here looking for an upper receiver like that, back around 2010. Someone on here had one for some odd reason, I ended up snagging it from him. I built a similar upper from it, it's my bedside rifle now.

blankford

Apr 29, 2015
    Bel Air
    SBA3 is a game changer. Shockwave Blade is dead, SBR's are dead...

....this thing is basically a sto.....it's a nice brace :)

Feels like a sto....nice brace, on the shoulder. When it accidentally touches it hehe. ;D
    Oh who am I kidding, ATF letter said you can shoulder them and we all do it. The piece of velcro and slight rubber feel of the bottom part (the thing that is designed to wrap around your forearm, the part nobody uses) are the only things that would let you know this isn't a full blown stoc.... Woh, that was a close one.

If you can find one in stock (different kind of stock!), BUY IT! I was stalking r/gundeals late and night and somebody posted that Wilson Combat (of all places) had a couple. I paid $130 which is more than fair, but I have seen them as low as $112.

Looks good, feels good.
    75796ebd-5086-4427-a7f2-f192b2867e70

Excuse the makeshift workbench I was doing this in the kitchen lol.
    f0ed0e23-f5ad-4968-9f92-47ffaf17c65f

Works great with the LAW tactical folder
    fd1c15f1-7b1f-4a5e-ad04-4ac3c8b09c03

Blade on the top, SBA3 on the bottom.
    64f9a354-5060-424c-b1e2-1d8cc9ad4774

omegared24

Ultimate Member
    Dec 23, 2011
    Ijamsville, MD
    I put an ad in the classifieds here looking for an upper receiver like that, back around 2010. Someone on here had one for some odd reason, I ended up snagging it from him. I built a similar upper from it, it's my bedside rifle now.

I got super lucky. It was a no brainer IMHO. I just hit the commit to buy button and figured out the consequences of dealing with my wife later.

Clandestine is a good guy and a professional that would never knowingly sell something that wasn't up to par. I knew I was getting something I could depend on.

Indiana Jones

Wolverine
    Mar 18, 2011
    CCN
    I got super lucky. It was a no brainer IMHO. I just hit the commit to buy button and figured out the consequences of dealing with my wife later.

Clandestine is a good guy and a professional that would never knowingly sell something that wasn't up to par. I knew I was getting something I could depend on.

Nice. He’s been getting me out of trouble for years with various clunkers that I’ve bought. The first one he did for me probably has the most rounds through it of anything I bought new. Its now even smoother and is still flawless.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom