• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wolfwood

Ultimate Member
    Aug 24, 2011
    This is just funny enjoy this guys
    http://www.jsonline.com/watchdog/wa...-gun-store-lawsuit-b99481327z1-299762131.html
    A long-awaited trial pitting two wounded Milwaukee police officers against the gun store that sold the weapon used to shoot them has been delayed after attorneys from a national gun control group posted information online that the judge had ruled inadmissible.

The lawsuit, filed in 2010 against Badger Guns and its predecessor, Badger Outdoors, by officer Bryan Norberg and former officer Graham Kunisch, is the first of its kind nationwide to make it this far. It had been scheduled to begin Monday and last three weeks.

The case, however, is not dead. It has been transferred to another Milwaukee County judge and it is due next in court in September. Separately, two other wounded Milwaukee police officers have sued the gun-selling operations. Their case is set to go to trial later.

Milwaukee County Judge Jeffrey Conen on Monday allowed attorneys Jonathan Lowy and Alla Lefkowitz of the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence to withdraw from the case. They were representing Norberg and Kunisch along with local attorney Patrick Dunphy.

Conen ordered Brady to pay $800 to Milwaukee County, the cost of paying 100 jurors who were called for jury selection for half a day. It was an extra large pool, more than double what judges typically summon.

In court Monday, Conen admonished Lowy for the conduct and ordered the lawyers not to discuss any more of the materials in public "contrary to the laws of ethics or the rules of ethics in the state of Wisconsin."
    "I don't how things are practiced in Washington, D.C., or New York or anywhere else, but out here in the Midwest we have certain rules. ... This is something that cannot be done, and it cannot be done through surrogates," Conen said, according to the transcript. "The whole idea is to have a fair trial for absolutely everyone."

Doctor_M

Certified Mad Scientist
    MDS Supporter
    I know this isn't directly related to the OP, but I was looking for the most recent open thread on the Brady Campaign since I didn't think this deserved another thread...

I just came across this advert from Brady and went WTF??? Are they trying to say, that if you are getting raped, just deal with it, because killing someone is irreversible? I hope I'm reading this wrong. I know that these folks are pretty despicable, but I CANNOT for the life of me understand how anyone would think that message is a good idea.

Please tell me I am reading this wrong.

womenshouldendurerape_bradycampaigntopreventgunviolence.jpg

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    I know this isn't directly related to the OP, but I was looking for the most recent open thread on the Brady Campaign since I didn't think this deserved another thread...

I just came across this advert from Brady and went WTF??? Are they trying to say, that if you are getting raped, just deal with it, because killing someone is irreversible? I hope I'm reading this wrong. I know that these folks are pretty despicable, but I CANNOT for the life of me understand how anyone would think that message is a good idea.

I guess they don't understand the difference between murder and justifiable homicide.

I bet it hurts to be that ignorant.

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    Another frivilous lawsuit

The perps who committed the crime are serving their sentences:
    Burton (aka shooter) was sentenced to 80 years in prison and Collins (aka straw purchaser) received two years in federal prison on a straw-buying conviction.

redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo

That has to be fake.... WTF!

press1280

Ultimate Member
    Jun 11, 2010
    WV
    The Brady lawyers are first class clowns. Sadly, our appeals courts actually take their testimony as gospel.

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md

I am fairly certain that's the dumbest thing I have ever read.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    Even if the ad is a fake - and it must be, because the Bradys say so - it's an interesting piece of political theater. Food for thought, such as it is, and the fact that a lot of people accepted it as coming from the Brady campaign is interesting.

FrankZ

Liberty = Responsibility
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 25, 2012
    I think a lot of people would love to see something like this come out of the Brady's so they are willing to believe it based on that.

ZeroCool

Nov 8, 2006
    New PA Resident...
    About the ad in question - I'm like 95% sure that the Ad was made by internet trolls from Anonymous sites like Reddit or 4Chan.

What happened is that they started spreading it around as a joke and then it ended up being posted on the official Brady Campaign Facebook page. The, uh, "geniuses" over there didn't quite realize what it was saying for quite some time until a bunch of people started complaining about it on comments and they took it down.

I only know this because I've seen screen captures of it posted on their site by those internet trolls who were super proud of duping the Brady Campaign.

Like I said, I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure that was the series of events. They've made a bunch of similar troll ads like that but most of the other ones are too obvious to trick them again.

Kind of funny who our allies are these days... :party29:

Maestro Pistolero

Mar 20, 2012
    It may be a fake ad, but the underlying attitude has a ring of truth according to their perverse view. If they didn't actually believe that a rape was preferable to self-defense then they wouldn't discourage women from defending themselves against it as they do.

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    It may be a fake ad, but the underlying attitude has a ring of truth according to their perverse view. If they didn't actually believe that a rape was preferable to self-defense then they wouldn't discourage women from defending themselves against it as they do.

Spot on. They'd rather people use a whistle instead of something that goes bang.

FrankZ

Liberty = Responsibility
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 25, 2012
    Spot on. They'd rather people use a whistle instead of something that goes bang.

I can never keep straight which one says whistle versus peeing on the rapist versus vomiting on the rapist.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom