• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Some Guy

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 26, 2017
    headed to NC this week for hog hunt. been on my list to-do for years but this will be my first time.

in the event I am successful, how should I have the meat processed? Thinking would like some sausage, and a couple big chunks for the smoker, but not sure if that will take car of it all or not? I don't think there is a ton of yield, but want to have a plan on how to have it processed.

This is a great way to learn how to process/butcher a pig and prepare a number of cured and fresh meat products. They are located in Boyds. It has a lot of applicability for pig hunting.

https://www.stohlmans.com/

Extramile

Jan 1, 2020
    Western MD
    I had a great time reading your story. Very well told. I have hunted hogs in many states and I can say I’ve found nothing to compare to Texas. I love it there. It’s the only place I’ll go to pay to hunt anymore. 26,000 acres of a working ranch with real cowboys. $500 for a day and a half of hunting with 3 meals and accommodations included. We saw Easy 100 hogs and we took 26 between 6 of us. The younger sows made for better table fare for sure. It is worth the trip in my humble opinion. Just sitting around the campfire with the cowboys at night was worth the price for me. There is a walk-in and area to process the hogs but it’s a DIY operation. They helped a lil bit but that’s not their forte so to speak.

Attachments

• 4388F5D8-543A-4EEB-BBC3-EEC61521910A.jpeg
      4388F5D8-543A-4EEB-BBC3-EEC61521910A.jpeg
      12.8 KB · Views: 152

steveh326

Ultimate Member
    Mar 23, 2012
    Mt. Airy
    I had a great time reading your story. Very well told. I have hunted hogs in many states and I can say I’ve found nothing to compare to Texas. I love it there. It’s the only place I’ll go to pay to hunt anymore. 26,000 acres of a working ranch with real cowboys. $500 for a day and a half of hunting with 3 meals and accommodations included. We saw Easy 100 hogs and we took 26 between 6 of us. The younger sows made for better table fare for sure. It is worth the trip in my humble opinion. Just sitting around the campfire with the cowboys at night was worth the price for me. There is a walk-in and area to process the hogs but it’s a DIY operation. They helped a lil bit but that’s not their forte so to speak.

man, I need to go to Texas ! ! very nice

aklax11

Jan 8, 2015

Mind messaging me the place?! Thanks in advance

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom