• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • WatTyler

Ultimate Member
    W. VA. went, like 70% for Trump, right? He should just convert to Republican and get it over with. ;-)

Every county in WV went red in 2016. That was only matched by Oklahoma and Alaska. But the time to jump ship would have been before the new congress was sworn in with a pretty reliable republican majority in the senate. And before WV republicans started lining up to beat him in '18. See 'ya, wouldn't wanna be 'ya, Joe.

Not_an_outlaw

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 26, 2013
    Prince Frederick, MD
    IMHO, Joe Manchin is a self-serving politician with no moral compass, personal convictions and blown by the wind of public opinion.
    Oops, I guess once I said politician the rest was redundant. The man is a tool and running scared.

I could not have said it better. I will add that he instilled his values to his daughter.

Eviljagtech

Infected w/ Freedom
    Jan 24, 2010
    Harpers Ferry, WV
    Manchin stabbed the 2A community in the back after he got elected last time, he supported gun control, opposed CCW in WV and supported removing due process for the terror watch list.

LINK

I remember a few control bills he tried passing while Obama was in office and really don't trust as do many of my neighbors that I ask when they came by to ask me to vote for Trump. He did something naughty and broke a very important promise and many have not forgotten.

krieger

Sep 9, 2016
    West Virginia
    Manchin is playing to his audience, he's walking a fine line between his constituents (most of which are trump supporters) and bloomberg who has contributed heavily to Manchin.
    Yes I'd say he is sweating his seat, next election we will see if WV remembers his gun control comments

GTOGUNNER

IANAL, PATRIOT PICKET!!
    Patriot Picket
    Dec 16, 2010
    Carroll County!
    Joe won't win as a Dem in WV. If he switches parties, he might stand a chance. I know alot of folks in WV. The only ones that still support him are the ones with $$ and older Union guys on pensions.
    I'll ask around about challengers, Wv has been solidly Democrat for years, I don't know if they have Republican Politicians.

tallen702

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 3, 2012
    In the boonies of MoCo
    Joe won't win as a Dem in WV. If he switches parties, he might stand a chance. I know alot of folks in WV. The only ones that still support him are the ones with $$ and older Union guys on pensions.
    I'll ask around about challengers, Wv has been solidly Democrat for years, I don't know if they have Republican Politicians.

He's as done as a Thanksgiving turkey regardless of what party he runs under. Quite frankly, I doubt that the GOP would even give him the time of day. They've got Shelly Moore Capito who has remained very steadfast in her convictions from the get-go already in the Senate and will likely back another GOP candidate in the primaries even if Machin tries to flip. Capito didn't pursue Byrd's empty seat when it came up due to the fact that Machin was riding high with his popularity as governor and lots of support from the coal fields. Instead, she waited until Rockefeller retired and took that "D" out of the running. Manchin is seen as a turncoat by and large given how much he cozied up to Obama all while the Obama EPA was yanking the rug out from under the few mining operations left in the state. His constant waffling on 2A rights. Remember, he and Toomey (R. PA) tried to push through legislation in the wake of Sandy Hook that would have expanded BGCs to private sales. He's no true fan of 2A rights.

A D. Won't win the senate seat if the GOP can put up anyone with half a brain cell to run for the position. Honestly, I wish Alex Mooney would have been in office longer, he'd be a decent candidate to put up against slimy Joe. Honestly, I see one of the two R's in Congress being able to beat the pants off Manchin. He's like Hillary in that respect. A trained circus seal should be able to beat him.

good guy 176

R.I.P.
    Dec 9, 2009
    Laurel, MD
    He is like Bill O'Reilly. A big opportunist. Whoever is in power he brown noses. Self preservation, I assume.

He's a f....g snake! Like the S. Vietnamese, who were not snakes by the way, but whoever gave them rice and water in the AM was their friend for the remainder of that day.

Next morning, whoever stepped up with the goodies got their support.

Samo samo with ole freeking Joe...a GD turncoat!!!

Lew--Ranger63
    Two Time Vietnam Survivor!
    US Army (Ret-'84)

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    While I readily admit Manchin is a slimy two-faced backstabbing dirtbag, I don't care as long as he votes the way I prefer. He may have figured out what his voters want him to do, and now that the Dems are dead rotting meat on the roadside in WV, Manchin has come to understand what he needs to do to stay in office.

His ideological purity is as clean as ditchwater in a dairy farm, but there are no angels in politics. If he walks like a duck, quacks like a duck, and votes like a conservative pro-2A republican, he's no different from any other republican.

An honest politician is one who stays bought. Next few years will see if the scales fell from his eyes on the road to re-election.

Of course none of this matters, as I don't vote in WV. But I do like to call him names.

adit

ReMember
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 20, 2013
    DE
    WV Coal miner (Bo Copley) who sat with Killery in Town Hall meeting is going to run against Joe Manchin for his Senate seat.

Silverlode

Ultimate Member
    Aug 16, 2010
    Frederick
    IMHO, Joe Manchin is a self-serving politician with no moral compass, personal convictions and blown by the wind of public opinion.
    Oops, I guess once I said politician the rest was redundant. The man is a tool and running scared.

This is a fact. He is the epitome of a self serving, weasel politician. He stands for absolutely nothing except his own interest. Everything most people hate about them wrapped up in a one smug little package.

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    The coal miner better find a gold miner to fund his campaign.

I still say we should welcome Manchin onto our team.

We need to decrease our razor thin majority. Or would it be increase?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom