• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • F5guy

Mar 27, 2013
    Annapolis
    I usually peruse smaller stores like Clyde’s or Scott’s and occasionally just to look at On Target or BPS but wonder about somewhere with a bigger more eclectic selection. Thinking of a 1911 for a Christmas gift for myself and hoping to put my hands on a Colt Delta Elite, Wilson, Kimber or some other high quality piece to compare. Any info is appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Smokescreen

Knight who say Ni
    Feb 9, 2012
    Frederick, MD
    Not a place with a larger selection but Gunrunners in Frederick has had the Colt Delta Elite's in the past and I know they are a Colt dealer. I don't know if they have any right now.

And last time I was there (about a week ago), they had a Wilson Combat on consignment. I don't remember the specific model but I was really surprised with the condition. It almost looked unfired. Price was great for a Wilson (around 2k from what I remember).

As for Kimbers, I've asked him in the past and he cannot get them.

Shemp

Feb 21, 2013
    Out There
    I usually peruse smaller stores like Clyde’s or Scott’s and occasionally just to look at On Target or BPS but wonder about somewhere with a bigger more eclectic selection. Thinking of a 1911 for a Christmas gift for myself and hoping to put my hands on a Colt Delta Elite, Wilson, Kimber or some other high quality piece to compare. Any info is appreciated.

Scotts has a beautiful Stainless Gold cup with the blue grips

AlBeight

MDS Supporter
    Mar 30, 2017
    Hampstead
    This is what I was thinking too. They seem to be a Mecca for 1911 guys.
    They have some real pretty Nighthawks in there right now. Other 1911’s like Les Baer and Springfield as well. Just picked up my Colt Talo edition ODG on Saturday. Actually a real pretty Remington there too (yes - Remington 1911).

As for Delta Elites, although it’s been a few months, the last few times I was in Duffy’s they had a couple of Deltas. From memory, they’ve always seemed to have at least one. Not sure, but that’s where I’d try first.

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia

Do yourself a favor and take Kimber off of that list

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom