• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gtodave

MDS Supporter
    Aug 14, 2007
    Mt Airy
    It was good! We shot at a neighbor's house, so it was the first time in about 1.5 years that I've shot in a private setting vs a public range. Of course I still saw dollar signs every time a shell was ejected, but shooting in that kind of environment is the best. No pressure to get stuff done in a certain timeframe, you can rapid fire when you want (and can afford it), no changing lanes to go between pistol and rifle, cold range whenever it's needed...just nice, relaxing shooting.

I figured I would share to maybe get some others out to shoot, even though it's expensive right now.

Alea Jacta Est

Extinguished member
    MDS Supporter
    Nice.

I did not shoot on Sunday.

On Friday though I attended a STOP THE BLEED /TACMED course followed by a CQB Pistol.

Saturday I returned to an AR15 Operators course (first day). I’d taken it before.

BlueRidge Marksmanship, Burnsville NC if you wonder. Top marks for facility and staff. The jeffe is a retired Airborne SGM. He is flat out the best damned instructor I’ve ever met or trained under...thus the repeat class. Kevin Dylus.

I was wore out but happy. Trigger time always produces a euphoria for me.

I too thought briefly about the hundreds of rounds down range. My cheap gene took a back seat to my proficiency and fun genes.

Thanks for posting Dave! Glad you got out there and sent some down range. Get some!

May 25, 2021
    Love range days! I haven’t shot in a private setting in probably 12 years. Just picked up the hobby again after inheriting a few guns which had me selling some and buying new. Wish I knew people with enough land to go shooting on that was close! Glad you enjoyed it

kool361

Apr 16, 2020
    Damascus
    I remember when I could go to my brother's house near Libertytown and shoot guns from his back porch. To many houses around now. I miss those days shooting on private land. Not a big fan of ranges but what can you do. Anybody want to let me use their land for old times sake?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom