• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    I think so, but least when ya build yer own, yer sure of what yer gittin'.

I've done two now, and I'm confident that both are battlefield reliable. One of those I had to buy my own parts for, and it added up to a bit more than $395.

Well crap man, that is cheap. Then again I didn't go as cheap as I could and I think mine is around $850 all up. The "extravegences" are the linear comp ($50), the fact it has a scope (bushnell Trophy XLT 3-9x40 BF sale for $80) and spikes lower $120).

Anyway, I can't say battle tested, but I've put about 200 rounds through it of .223 and 5.56 FMJ and SP with no hiccups at all and good accuracy. Including putting a couple of rounds through it after being exposed to a blizzard for 6 hours and caked in snow and ice and it functioned okay (no last round hold open, but otherwise good).

Feeling pretty confident in it.

I don't need 1000 ARs, but so long as no fullban seems like it is coming 3 seems like a good number to me. A "battle" rifle, a "hunting" rifle and a pistol. Then maybe a couple of more uppers than lowers when I want to play with something else.

I don't want to see anyone go under, but I certainly wouldn't mind if the nxet few years see prices depress 20-30% on MSR stuff, 10-15% on pistols and traditional rifles and 20-40% on ammo. I won't hold out vain hope that SKS are going to drop back down below $200 or garands will be $300 again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LikeThatHendrix

Latest threads

Top Bottom