• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TTMD

Ultimate Member
    Nov 10, 2012
    Please forward this message as you like.

For the latest information about the Frederick IWLA IDPA Club, please subscribe at: https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/frederickidpa

This is a club level / tier 1 IDPA match with 4 self-defense scenario stages with a round count of 60-70.

This match consists of 4 squads with a maximum of 7 shooters each. Final squad & shooter count will depend on the number of qualified Safety Officers.

NOTE: Squad 4 is reserved for shooters participating in an "outlaw" Not-For-Competition (NFC) Pistol Caliber Carbine (PCC) division demonstration match. IF you wish to shoot in the NFC-PCC division.squad 4, register for the NFC division, and then add "PCC Division" in the comments section of your registration. Once approved, make sure you add yourself to squad 4 / PCC squad. Anyone shooting in more than one squad must pay a registration fee for each squad (e.g., Squad 2 for ESP, Squad 4 for NFC-PCC).

Squads 1 & 2:
    --Arrival & Set-up: 8:30 am
    --Kit up: 9:00 am
    --Safety Brief: 9:15 am at the registration table
    --Shoot: 9:30 am

Squads 3 & 4:
    --Arrival: 11:45 am
    --Kit-up: 12:00 pm
    --Safety Brief: 12:15 pm under the large pavilion near the house
    --Shoot: 12:30, or as soon as earlier squads leave the range
    --Assist in taking down and storing stage materials

Non-Frederick IWLA members - $20
    Frederick IWLA members - $10
    Safety Officers - $10
    Please bring exact change.

If you are new to IDPA please email the Match Director at FrederickIDPA@gmail.com with a brief overview of your shooting experience prior to registering for the match.

If you are new to Frederick IWLA IDPA, we will provide a club IDPA orientation immediately prior to the match.

The Frederick IWLA is a cold range. If you are a legal concealed firearms carrier, notify the Match Director when arriving so we can appropriately and safely unload you.

Please contact me at FrederickIDPA@gmail.com with any questions.

We look forward to seeing you at the match!

Last edited:

TTMD

Ultimate Member
    Nov 10, 2012
    Bump for change to squad 4 to a Not-For-Competition Pistol-Caliber-Carbine (PCC) only demonstration squad.

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    Sweet, I e-mailed the match director. I hope to at least come an watch this one and compete in a future one. I saw some familiar names in the squads on Practiscore, I've shot with at least two of those folks at the Thursday night matches at TMGN.

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    Is this match indoor or outdoor?

I heard back from the Match Director already and he said I could shoot but I think I'll just watch the first one and that will give me extra time to review the IDPA rules.

TTMD

Ultimate Member
    Nov 10, 2012
    Is this match indoor or outdoor?

I heard back from the Match Director already and he said I could shoot but I think I'll just watch the first one and that will give me extra time to review the IDPA rules.
    Outdoors. And we shoot in all weather.

We were shooting this past March when it rained, snowed, & sleeted all in the same day, & we were shooting in July or so when it was 108 degrees. In fact the only match we've cancelled so far was when most of the range was literally under water.

But we try to make sure everyone is first, safe, but then that everyone has fun, with experienced shooters being challenged, & new shooters eager to return.

Also, since IDPA is based on armed self-defense, we try to use real-life scenarios for our stages. From pharmacy robberies to late night drunk driving police stops. This Saturday's match will feature stages inspired by the Columbia, MD Mall shooting, UA Flt 93, the New Life church shooting, and other actual incidents.

See you Saturday!

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    i'm in for both time slots. if there is any way you can bump up the round count, that would definitely be appreciated, but the stage situations sound cool.

TTMD

Ultimate Member
    Nov 10, 2012
    i'm in for both time slots. if there is any way you can bump up the round count, that would definitely be appreciated, but the stage situations sound cool.
    Don't forget to register twice if you're shooting twice. (& pay twice.)

To your second point... I've done some high level math, & have bumped up the round count to 73+, and made all stages unlimited. So 73 rounds will get you through the match, but you can shoot a whole lot more if you want!

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA

To your second point... I've done some high level math, & have bumped up the round count to 73+, and made all stages unlimited. So 73 rounds will get you through the match, but you can shoot a whole lot more if you want!

didn't seem to let me register 2x, says email already exists. and of course i'm fine with paying 2x. also i don't want to take someone's slot that may only be shooting once, so i'm fine paying etc after the first relay. but i can stay and SO if needed.

thx for upping the round count!! it's never enough but every little bit helps...

TTMD

Ultimate Member
    Nov 10, 2012
    didn't seem to let me register 2x, says email already exists. and of course i'm fine with paying 2x.

thx for upping the round count!! it's never enough but every little bit helps...
    No worries, I'll add you from this end. You're currently in squad 2, & you want to shoot in squad 4/PCC Also, right?

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    actually i just saw that practiscore asked me if i was sure i wanted to do this twice, so i selected yes so should be good to go. i will prob do ssp my second run so will sign for squad 3 if there's space.

thx, david

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake

:thumbsup::party29:

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    Cool, thanks for letting me come watch. I had fun watching and I'll def shoot in an upcoming match!

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Had a great time in the morning and a better time shooting PCC in the afternoon. Nothing like shooting with Fidelity, UltraPlanet and Chris.

Thanks again TTMD for all you do, another great match!

9e49f775ecb40c038ad19816b9d40ab8.jpg

16aac3141cade8289ff5245619c07cfe.jpg

7dbc37739e747c93702ceff56b95b00b.jpg

TTMD

Ultimate Member
    Nov 10, 2012
    Are the results in Practiscore yet? I checked but didn't see anything
    No, it's a manual operation at this point. I try to have them ready within a day or two, & then I email them out.

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    well stop typing and start scoring dammit!!!

j/k, was a very fun match and that plane stage was pretty cool with all the movement. actually as bad as i shot i'm hoping you will lose the scoresheets...

TTMD

Ultimate Member
    Nov 10, 2012
    well stop typing and start scoring dammit!!!

j/k, was a very fun match and that plane stage was pretty cool with all the movement. actually as bad as i shot i'm hoping you will lose the scoresheets...
    Lol! Actually, I'm.starting on the paperwork tonight, & will probably have them tomorrow. I think most people liked that stage. Someday I'll have a greatest hits match & we'll bring that one back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Easydoesit

Latest threads

Top Bottom