• haha.jpg
      haha.jpg
      3.5 KB · Views: 1,237

28Shooter

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 19, 2010
    Baltimore, Maryland
    They don't mind flying on those planes, they just don't like being bothered by them flying over their houses. Maybe they can reroute them over Wheaton or perhaps Germantown?

Sorta' like the liberals who push wind turbines as long as they're not in their backyard - calling Mr. Kennedy...

54rndball

take to the hills
    Mar 16, 2013
    Catonsville
    BFD! We have airliners flying over Catonsville on their way to BWI. Just because your house in Bethesda or Chevy Chase is worth $1.5 million does not mean you get to opt out of life in a major metropolitan area. Suck on it!

tallen702

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 3, 2012
    In the boonies of MoCo
    Where I grew up, it wasn't jets at a decent altitude, it was C-130s at window level (we lived on a hill) doing touch and go exercises day and night. You get used to it. Virtually everyone who lives in the "Urban" section of MoCo is a wimp. They want the "city" lifestyle but without the crime, noise, etc. etc. etc.

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    I would have liked to put on a lab coat and gone in to stand up and ask; "We'd like to know how this noise is going to affect the methadone clinics we are opening in Bethesda. This kind of noise can be very upsetting to our patients. Especially considering many of them do not speak English." And then leave.

The silence in the room would have been priceless.

54rndball

take to the hills
    Mar 16, 2013
    Catonsville
    Bethesda used to be a normal town 40 years ago when I went to school down there. Now it has been transformed to a overpriced suburban extension of NW DC, populated by lawyers, doctors, and other overpaid yuppies. My parents lived there for 30 years and sold the house about 20 years ago for $300K. They bought a house on the Eastern Shore and were glad to have left "Monkey County," as they called it, behind. Now just about every house in the old neighborhood has been bulldozed and replaced with a mini-mansion or expanded with a god-awful addition to the point where the average price is at least $1.5 million. Don't even mention downtown Bethesda which has been desecrated with overpriced condos and nondescript high rises to the point of being a suburban hell hole.

54rndball

take to the hills
    Mar 16, 2013
    Catonsville
    I make a trip to Poolesville a few times a year and that area is not too bad, being part of the agricultural reserve. Even so, it is being overbuilt with expensive housing developments. The old rifle range at the Izaak Walton there has had to install all sorts of BS additions to conform to new "safety regulations." In a few more years, even northern MoCo will be a sorry sight. But I won't have to see it because nobody lives forever.

tallen702

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 3, 2012
    In the boonies of MoCo
    I make a trip to Poolesville a few times a year and that area is not too bad, being part of the agricultural reserve. Even so, it is being overbuilt with expensive housing developments. The old rifle range at the Izaak Walton there has had to install all sorts of BS additions to conform to new "safety regulations." In a few more years, even northern MoCo will be a sorry sight. But I won't have to see it because nobody lives forever.

From what I understand, the current expansion in Poolesville is pretty much going to be the end of it thanks to the Ag Reserve unless MoCo goes full retard and does away with the reserve altogether (which is always a possibility, just look at how much ag land Frederick County has been re-zoned). A buddy of mine was talking with the Mayor out in Poolesville and was told that the max they could add to the town without having to re-structure EVERYTHING (put in water treatment plants, etc) was 1,000 folks. Zoning and the WSSC simply won't allow for more than that.

I, myself, am lucky to live in the northern section of the reserve. I'm buffered on the north by the Frederick County line and Bennett Creek, and to the south by Little Bennett Regional Park. If we didn't live where we do now, I wouldn't be able to bring myself to live in MoCo at all.

My prediction is that MoCo becomes the next Fairfax County in terms of development in the next 20-30 years. Unchecked sprawl, minimal green space, and poorly planned.

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    I noticed that one of the whiney loons bought a decibel meter:
    Resident Deborah Schuman bought a decibal [sic] meter to measure the aircraft noise.

I also noticed that nothing further was said about it. It tells me that the noise was within legal/FAA limits or she was too dumb/couldn't find anyone smart enough to work it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tactical Shepherd

Latest threads

Top Bottom