• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Overboost44

6th gear
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 10, 2013
    Kent Island
    There was a horrible looking accident involving a tractor trailer on Kent Island this afternoon at about 2:00pm that was still in the clean up stages at 8pm this evening. It took me about 90 minutes to get from Centreville to the exit just before the bridge, normally a 30 minute drive.

The accident occurred at Castle Marina Rd where the McDonalds is on the westbound side of the road. The Tractor trailer was on its side half over the guard rail. This was the crucial part because the cab and trailer were sliced about 3 feet deep (my guess as to the approx. height of the guard rail). Although there was a WBAL helicopter overhead, I have been unable to find much in the media. Medevac chopper was on site and apparently took away 3 people.

Here are some poor photos as I was traveling on a side road were they staged the truck to get it out of the traffic. I hope all that were injured are able to make a recovery.

Attachments

• IMG_1930.jpeg
      IMG_1930.jpeg
      39.4 KB · Views: 845
    • IMG_1933.jpeg
      IMG_1933.jpeg
      36.1 KB · Views: 796
    • IMG_1934.jpeg
      IMG_1934.jpeg
      41.3 KB · Views: 800

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    At first, when I heard the wreck was near the McDonalds, I assumed a vehicle made a late decision to cut across lanes of traffic to get to Mickey D's and cut off the milk truck.

However the helicopter shot showed the wreck to be pretty far past the Castle Marina exit--and in the LEFT lane-- where there is a soft curve to the right. My guess now that it had something to do with the long merge lane where someone scooted into traffic and forced another vehicle into the truck's lane.

I will be interested to hear what happened.

theneckie

Jun 7, 2013
    Queen Anne
    Now this is second hand, but what I was told is the driver had a blow out on a steering tire. Avoided hitting 2 other vehicles and took it into the guard rail.

Ifdot

Ultimate Member
    Mar 4, 2013
    Md Eastern Shore
    Witnesses said he had a blow out. I went by about 45 min after it happened and theyou were still working on getting him out. Seen a couple few tt over turns and this one looked really bad compared to others.
    It was crazy the amount of personnel they had on scene and seeing 2 msp helicopters sitting in the middle of 50 w.

Mack C-85

R.I.P.
    Jan 22, 2014
    Littlestown, PA
    The only thing I can find is a couple of Facebook entries on Grasonville VFD website:

Rescue 2 (Grasonville VFD) is currently responding to Route 50 in the area of Castle Marina Road for an overturned tractor trailer with people trapped.

****Go Team started for patient heavily entrapped****

***Engine 22 now on the call to handle LZ for Trooper 6. Trooper 3 is bringing Go Team****

***Patient extricated*** ...

Comments:

Rescue 1 (Kent Island VFD) would be first due. Sending two Rescue Units is common practice on reported entrapments.

"Go Team" is a group from Shock Trauma (Attending Physician and Nurse Anesthesiologist) that is brought to the scene by MSP Helo for serious entrapment.

newmuzzleloader

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 14, 2009
    joppa
    Comments:

"Go Team" is a group from Shock Trauma (Attending Physician and Nurse Anesthesiologist) that is brought to the scene by MSP Helo for serious entrapment.

That picture looked horrible for the driver and I think that Go Team is for when they have to amputate on site. Prayers for the driver of the rig.

Mack C-85

R.I.P.
    Jan 22, 2014
    Littlestown, PA
    That picture looked horrible for the driver and I think that Go Team is for when they have to amputate on site. Prayers for the driver of the rig.
    Not necessarily for amputation....though they have that option.

More so....sedating the patient and the ability give blood, and do field surgical procedures such as chest tubes, temp trachs, etc.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

POP57

Ultimate Member
    Apr 5, 2016
    Delaware
    I belong to a number of first responder FB pages in and around DELMARVA. Odd that nothing has shown up.

RAF

MDS Supporter
    Dec 24, 2012
    He was trapped for an hour or so, he's alive. Not sure of his injuries.

A friend of mine from Ted's righted the truck. His rig is the one in Silverlax's pics.

Overboost44

6th gear
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 10, 2013
    Kent Island
    This is a virtual replica of another milk truck that did the same thing on the other side of the bridge near the WaWa last year or so. Interesting to hear that it was a blowout. That makes sense. I thought the same as Rack did that someone came off of the exit by McDonalds and cause everyone to move over to the left. Prayers for the driver as well. Looks like one of the upright stanchions from that guard rail penetrated the cab right where he would be belted in. :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LikeThatHendrix

Latest threads

Top Bottom