• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HeatSeeker

Ultimate Member
    Jun 18, 2012
    Maryland
    Careful when sellers make those claims. It's a mine field. Most of the Custer-issued SAAs were re-arsenalized at least one to three times. Most are a mix master of non-matching, era-correct parts and later factory replacement parts. Minus provenance, the mix masters barely sell for $3K to $4K at auction. An all-original Custer-issued SAA could easily sell for $25K and up depending on condition and provenance. But prices are so high now that more and more known mix masters are showing up at auction magically re-born with "era-correct" parts, sometimes fake parts that are artificially aged and re-stamped with matching S/Ns.

A genuine Custer-issued SAA (7.5") in like-new, unrestored condition and solid provenance would likely sell in the $250K range.
    Oh I wasn't looking to buy. I was just window shopping to get some ideas of what mine might be worth. He did tell me it had been re-issued and he had the documentation with it. If it is legit I would take it to auction.

Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    Unfortunately, one will be pressed to find a Krag under $1,500 at this show, as they are typically correct- not Bubbas.

I saw several excellent examples yesterday in the $1,000 to $1,250 range. Prices this year are reasonable with many of the dealers compared to the past two years.

Cochise

Ultimate Member
    Sep 5, 2008
    Rockville
    very cool on the .410 hammer gun. I scored a 16 gauge hammer gun with long barrels, 31". I shot skeet with it today and did fine even if it is full and full.
    Its getting to the point that almost all i shoot are side by sides mostly with hammers on the outside.
    I also got to meet sxs, he had a MDS badge on his hat....

mdonzi

mdonzi
    Feb 26, 2010
    pasadena
    DSCN1751.jpg not the best pic has quail gun on one side J Manton &co on other. what would be best place to find low pressure shells for it, I like to shot it. it has twist steel barrels

sxs

MDS Supporter
    Nov 20, 2009
    Anne Arundel County, MD
    View attachment 146684 not the best pic has quail gun on one side J Manton &co on other. what would be best place to find low pressure shells for it, I like to shot it. it has twist steel barrels

google RST or Polywad Vintagers. Both make good quality low pressure ammo for the double gun niche crowd

And Polywad also sells 'SpredR Shells'...they have a wad that will open your pattern if you should want to hunt with it.

Hey, Cochise....nice to meet you Saturday!

WeaponsCollector

EXTREME GUN OWNER
    Mar 30, 2009
    Southern MD
    There were even a few interesting guns at the toy show/flea market next door to the arms show. Sometimes you can get good deals by buying guns at toy shows and toys at gun shows.

54rndball

take to the hills
    Mar 16, 2013
    Catonsville
    I got three old magazine ads for Colt and S&W, suitable for framing, and it only cost me only $25. There was an older Savage Model 99 in .300 Savage with a drilled and tapped receiver. The price was well over $1K! You must be knowledgeable about what you want to buy. I did see some nice older revolvers, but well out of my price range.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tactical Shepherd

Latest threads

Top Bottom