Well since I can't buy an AR15 anymore...

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mtlcafan79

Ultimate Member
    Sep 11, 2008
    PG
    Question for those using 9mm uppers on their FA guns. Anyone have egging problems?

I bought a DDLES 9mm lower that had a broker hammer pin *and* broken trigger pin in it. It had started to wear the receiver on one side of the trigger pin. That was from semi fire with a ramped bolt. It has KNS pins in it now and runs fine. If the pins had never broke I'm sure it would have been fine.

I have a friend that has a Colt SMG and it has had thousands of rounds dumped through it and it shows no signs of wear. /threadjack

bobthefisher

Durka ninja
    Aug 18, 2010
    Definitely not where you are!
    I have a year to buy and stock up and wait for prices to come down...

Hell I could get a 5.45x39 upper for it and shoot at about 18 cents a round!

Widener's Reloading is probably the cheapest retailer in town with the 5.45x39 spam cans and non-corrosive wolf ammo. Just picked up a can and a case five minutes ago. Good shipping too, only $27 for almost 2000rnds.

http://www.wideners.com/itemview.cfm?dir=18|830|851

rsideout

MDS Supporter
    Dec 11, 2009
    MD - Capital Region
    Who's got a good price on a 5.45x39 upper? or even a 5.7 upper?

I paid about $600-$650 for my 5.45x39 upper.

I've got two 5.7 uppers. Both SBR's. One 11" and the other 6" with a can. I think that they were each about $550 - $600. I don't have a full bolt for them, but its on the "to do list".

For the 5.7 I would just get the AR57 upper, which takes the P90 top side mags.

http://www.57center.com/

As far as the 5.45x39 upper, I have no clue. Would AR-15 mags even work with the 5.45x39 round?

No, you need a 5.45x39 mag.

IMBLITZVT

Ultimate Member
    Apr 20, 2009
    Catonsville, MD
    Yesterday I went to visit my M16 for the first time. Its in 2A Sales purgatory for about the next year but it was still nice to finally see her. Overall she looked great and I was very happy. Soon she will be spraying lead!

In one of those odd coincidences in life, I happened to run into MDS member smdub who had emailed me asking me for more info about M16s. So he got to see it in person too!

I can already see this gun is not going to be a cheap date...

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom