• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FoxFirearms

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 13, 2013
    Columbia, MD
    Yes...an escrow service. Couldn't think of the actual term. However, the previous advise of taking a trip to see the gun is also a good idea.

rico903

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011
    Haha... I missed that!

You are not going to buy many MGs then or you are going to pay a premium on them all.

I have bought 5 MGs now. I knew one of the sellers somewhat... that is a met him to had him the money and check out the gun!

This is so true. With your help, everything I've seen locally I've found to be over priced, although in excellent condition. I guess it's like buying a classic car, make the trip unless you know the person. There are some reputable sellers out there. I bought one SMG sight unseen and really lucked out on it, price and condition.

bcr229

FFL/SOT
    Jul 15, 2011
    Inwood, WV
    Any high dollar MG is worth the cost of a round trip airline ticket to view the gun in person. Before dropping the dough, invest a day or weekend of your time and 1-3% of the purchase price and inspect it. It's worth it, as you can walk away dissuaded of any potential concerns and you may even make a new friend along the way. There are still a lot of old timers out there with good guns and better stories.
    Or find an FFL/SOT/gunsmith who is local to the seller, have the two meet at a range, and the gunsmith can give the gun a light technical inspection, test-fire it, video it, look over the paperwork, etc. Way cheaper than a plane ticket.

awptickes

Jun 26, 2011
    N. Of Perryville

Jim is an avid pilot, has built a couple kit planes, and is a contributor to the kit aicraft community. I've never met him personally, but I've run in the same circles. He always sounded like a good guy based on what everyone said about him. That's his cell phone number listed. If I was worried about a scam, I'd offer to meet him at an airfield somewhere. He'd probably fly in.

rsideout

MDS Supporter
    Dec 11, 2009
    MD - Capital Region
    Jim is an avid pilot, has built a couple kit planes, and is a contributor to the kit aircraft community. I've never met him personally, but I've run in the same circles. He always sounded like a good guy based on what everyone said about him. That's his cell phone number listed. If I was worried about a scam, I'd offer to meet him at an airfield somewhere. He'd probably fly in.

The spelling says foreign scam. But since you can vouch for him, hopefully he just didn't use spell check. Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom