• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

srephwed

Jul 25, 2010
    harford county
    Would everyone stop talking about people and businesses leaving Maryland!! This is our state!!!! Some of us have just made the mistake of letting the control of it fall into the wrong hands.Consentrate on getting freinds and family registered to vote.Make sure they do vote! It's the only way.If we give up and move away then they have won.Stand and fight,take back Maryland.let's make the free state free again in 2014!!!!

Name Taken

Ultimate Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    Central
    Oh please.

I'm out of this god forsaken state as soon as I can.

It has little to do with getting people out to vote. Look at the demographs and how they draw the voting lines.

The only way to really get to the politicians is through the wallet. When they see actual people/money leaving and they can no longer fund these pet projects they'll be forced to reevaluate their stance.

Furthermore once the only group left is rich democrats and having nothing democrats the rich ones will see why no one wanted to give the have nothings anything.

I'm stuck here for many-o-years to come. My first chance I'm gone and I wont hold anything against anyone who leaves. In fact I recommend people leave.

But I do submit it would be nice if half the amount of people who will show up and complain in this thread would register and get out and vote.

BlackBart

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 20, 2007
    Conewago, York Co. Pa.
    Would everyone stop talking about people and businesses leaving Maryland!! This is our state!!!! Some of us have just made the mistake of letting the control of it fall into the wrong hands.Consentrate on getting freinds and family registered to vote.Make sure they do vote! It's the only way.If we give up and move away then they have won.Stand and fight,take back Maryland.let's make the free state free again in 2014!!!!

So the way I decipher your chicken scratch is you're voting 300,000 times next cycle? :rolleyes:

jthoma24

Jul 25, 2012
    Arnold, MD
    Oh please.

It has little to do with getting people out to vote. Look at the demographs and how they draw the voting lines.

The only way to really get to the politicians is through the wallet. When they see actual people/money leaving and they can no longer fund these pet projects they'll be forced to reevaluate their stance.

Furthermore once the only group left is rich democrats and having nothing democrats the rich ones will see why no one wanted to give the have nothings anything.

I'm stuck here for many-o-years to come. My first chance I'm gone and I wont hold anything against anyone who leaves. In fact I recommend people leave.

But I do submit it would be nice if half the amount of people who will show up and complain in this thread would register and get out and vote.
    +1

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    There was an official warning here about this (based on how counterproductive is was/is).

Lots of us posted how this (MD) is HOME, we have jobs, houses, families, kids in school and sports etc. Not everyone is nearing retirement or has wide open options here.

This State sucks monkey dik, but I'm in for the long haul, miserable as it may be.

OLM-Medic

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 5, 2010
    No way am I staying here, and it isn't because of SB281. There are just so many places I would rather live.

whistlersmother

Peace through strength
    Jan 29, 2013
    Fulton, MD
    I don't blame anyone for leaving. Just don't say you're doing it to reduce taxes to the state - it doesn't work that way. You move out and sell, someone with the same income moves in - same tax base. Same thing with renting your house.

If you want to move, more power to you. People have many reasons for moving out, including the new 2A restrictions.

I for one have school aged kids here and will be here for quite a while. My wife dislikes all the taxes and I would prefer somewhere a little more Bill of Rights friendly. NoVA is where all the tech jobs are right now and commuting from Fulton will be a real-big-pain.

Broder

Jan 13, 2013
    Oh please.

Leaving the state is not going to have much economic impact on Maryland. Maryland has a big government driven economy that is going to continue to grow. Eventually, the only private industry that is going to be left will be government contractors and service industries. Maryland politicians could not care less about business that isn't directly dependent on the Government for its livelihood.

mdshooter9090

Jan 29, 2013
    Someone I know moved here years ago to work at the NIH. They now have 10 publications - time to go.

Sorry guys but it's just too much to handle.

I even heard it said that African Americans are different if the grew up in NOVA vs. growing up in PG county, don't know if true but can't wait to find out. But I'm not that race, still it could affect my kids.

I'm hoping someone replaces me and that I can price my home higher than the norm.

Ever heard of the Berlin Wall? How about the "Berlin" Potomac River?
    :D

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    There was an official warning here about this (based on how counterproductive is was/is).

Lots of us posted how this (MD) is HOME, we have jobs, houses, families, kids in school and sports etc. Not everyone is nearing retirement or has wide open options here.

This State sucks monkey dik, but I'm in for the long haul, miserable as it may be.

I have 17.5 years left here. If I was a drinking man, I would say we should get together to drink our sorrows away. Coca-Cola and Mountain Dew just will not do that though.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Leaving the state is not going to have much economic impact on Maryland. Maryland has a big government driven economy that is going to continue to grow. Eventually, the only private industry that is going to be left will be government contractors and service industries. Maryland politicians could not care less about business that isn't directly dependent on the Government for its livelihood.

Yeah, it doesn't really work that way. If the only businesses left in the state are government contractors and government employees, where are they going to get the money to pay everybody? The tax rates would have to be close to 100%. So, if they want such a scenario, it is truly unsustainable.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    I don't blame anyone for leaving. Just don't say you're doing it to reduce taxes to the state - it doesn't work that way. You move out and sell, someone with the same income moves in - same tax base. Same thing with renting your house.

If you want to move, more power to you. People have many reasons for moving out, including the new 2A restrictions.

I for one have school aged kids here and will be here for quite a while. My wife dislikes all the taxes and I would prefer somewhere a little more Bill of Rights friendly. NoVA is where all the tech jobs are right now and commuting from Fulton will be a real-big-pain.

It isn't as simple as that either. If the number of people leaving is greater than the number of people coming in, then it works. Also, if businesses leave and take jobs with them, it makes it even harder for others to move in here and buy the homes that are left for sale when there aren't enough jobs.

Look at Detroit. Once a thriving city, it is now a disaster. How about parts of Baltimore City? Nothing is as simple as "If you move out, somebody will definitely move in and replace you." There is a lot more to it, and the person moving in might actually have a lower skill set than the person leaving and make less money as a result. Then the neighborhood goes to crap. The last ones to leave are the ones that get screwed with reduced property values. It would suck to be one of the last ones holding out in Detroit right now.

Jul 1, 2012
    I would venture to guess most of the government employees and government contractors that reside in Maryland (and aren't in a position to pick up stakes and move) are federal, not state, supporting the political infrastructure in DC or the military in some fashion. There's a crap ton of military facilities in our fair state, far more than many realize. Anyway, the salaries come from all (well, most) of the good people of America... most of the time. Can you say furlough, boys and girls? I knew you could.

Excellent point about Detroit. Someday speculators will buy it all up dirt cheap (subsidized?), renovate & sell to yuppies, and the cycle will begin again. Kind of like nature burning the forest down to promote new growth.

Broder

Jan 13, 2013
    Yeah, it doesn't really work that way. If the only businesses left in the state are government contractors and government employees, where are they going to get the money to pay everybody? The tax rates would have to be close to 100%. So, if they want such a scenario, it is truly unsustainable.

I agree with you that it is unsustainable and will eventually collapse but that is nevertheless what is happening. Federal employees are paid with money that is created through taxation or by the Government "printing" the money. Government contractors are paid from the same source. Services industries employees are paid indirectly by the Government employees and contractors from the same source. Annapolis doesn't care if private industry or individuals leave the state if they are not a vital part of the big government machinery.

HoCoAR

Ultimate Member
    Nov 15, 2012
    I will live in MD long enough to vote in the next state primary and general election as a DINO.

http://freedominthe50states.org/
    Tennessee is #3, Maryland is #44

I refuse to allow adult bullies to control my ability for me to defend myself the way "I" freely decide and deprive me of my basic human rights.

Last edited:

Markp

Ultimate Member
    Dec 22, 2008
    I wish you all the best of luck in turning this around!!

While, I don't live in the "free state" my parents do, and guess what... they are running out of the state as fast as they humanly can. They don't even own a single firearm... However, they are tired of it! I can't blame them one bit!!! Dismissing others for wanting to leave Maryland, when there is little to redeem the state remaining seems foolish.

Maryland, for lack of a better description, has been overrun by libtards and beltway intelligentsia. Almost all of the people I ran into in MoCo were either committed communists or at the very least die hard liberals. Freedom and the majority population of Maryland are fundamentally incompatible with each other.

It seems like MD voters have created a utopia where it's all about what can the .gov do for me today or how can I as part of .gov control those around me to do what I feel is right for them. I hope someone does turn it around, but people are running from MD for good reason, expecting people to stay and fight in this climate when better alternatives exist seems unreasonable.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom