• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sam Salvati

blacksmith
    Apr 22, 2013
    Finksburg
    Pick one rifle and ammo for fighting Boston dynamics robots aaaand go.

noddaz

bonehead
    Jan 9, 2014
    Arnold
    .50 for the win

15.11.001-SHF-22.jpg

serbu-bfg-50-5.jpg

As of yet the Boston Dynamic 'bots are not armored. But why take a chance?

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    I don't know where the batteries are. If I did, a .308 should be enough to handle them. Lacking that knowledge I request a 12ga shotgun. I'll take my chance to punch as many holes in it as possible and hope to hit something important.

TinCuda

Sky Captain
    Apr 26, 2016
    Texas
    I saw a video from the mid 1990s of a gun that could visually track a dozen or so individual bullets from a machine gun and in less than a second, shoot at the origin of the fire. It was an fully autonomous anti-sniper sniper. Strangely enough, I can no longer find that video on YT.

It made me think that if we could do that now, what is the deal with the robots from the movies? What's with Cylons from Battlestar Galactica or the Terminator? If a robot was capable of targeting an object or person and firing at that target, the robot would never miss! This makes me think that we would have very little chance against a combat robot hellbent on destroying all humans. It will most likely see us long before we see it and the robot would undoubtedly be a much better shot.

I say nuke'em from space. It's the only way to be sure. It's either that or negotiate a comfortable human cage in the robot zoo.

Markpixs

Apr 23, 2011
    NOVA
    If it's in a hominid form, the ones you see in most videos, I'd go with the Garand and black tip AP or the stash of API. Worked well against aircraft in WWII. Use a modified Mozambique drill, sternum then just above the 'belly button" to get the processor or trunk line, then nose area to try and disable visual processors. Unlike us, the 'brains' are likely in the torso, larger and better shielded than a human head.

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    I don't know. With 3 dogs our Roomba is a lifesaver. It has the run of the house (first floor anyway) I don't want anybody shooting my robot!

cantstop

Pentultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 10, 2012
    MD
    Never underestimate the utility of flares and smoke grenades to screw with robotic sensors.

images

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom