HVAC in Frederick (County but near City)

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Silverlode

Ultimate Member
    Aug 16, 2010
    Frederick
    Any board members do HVAC close by? If you are pro-gun and do not have TDS I would prefer to give you my business.
    Need replacement of gas furnace and AC for ~2400 sq ft (above grade) house. Ready to go immediately.

Thanks

Mightydog

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Depends on what brand you want. I’ve used TriState for 20 years for my Lennox system. They’ve since switched to Daiken. I’ve gotten Lennox quotes from Weather Masters in Frederick who aren’t too customer friendly. Got a quote for a new Lennox system and when I asked a question on model number got a terse reply of “it’s on the estimate”. Just had Cumberland Valley out of Hagerstown come out for a estimate on a Trane system. Best ones so far. Good luck. Probably gonna go with them and a 3T two stage compressor and variable speed air handler system. Not cheap. And also going to have my ductwork cleaned prior.

FPL53

Ultimate Member
    Aug 4, 2013
    Frederick
    I know every time I ask this question in the water cooler section member pbharvey always recommends Frederick Air for the Fredrick area and states the owner is a good friend and into 2A. I'll probably need to replace my HVAC unit this year or next year.

Silverlode

Ultimate Member
    Aug 16, 2010
    Frederick
    Follow up:

I went with Markool. Weren't the cheapest guys in town but came off their price a bit. 100% professional and got it done quick and clean.

Mightydog

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Follow up:

I went with Markool. Weren't the cheapest guys in town but came off their price a bit. 100% professional and got it done quick and clean.

So you got a Carrier? How’s it doing? My new Trane is quiet as a mouse and you can only tell it’s running when I get up in the morning and raise the temp by 3 degrees then HP and air handler kick in full speed. Only downside is it takes a 20x23” filter which has to be special ordered.

Silverlode

Ultimate Member
    Aug 16, 2010
    Frederick
    So you got a Carrier? How’s it doing? My new Trane is quiet as a mouse and you can only tell it’s running when I get up in the morning and raise the temp by 3 degrees then HP and air handler kick in full speed. Only downside is it takes a 20x23” filter which has to be special ordered.

Yes, Carrier. So far so good. The thermostat has far too many bells and whistles which is rather annoying. I don't feel like I should need to spend 30 mins trying to figure it out, but that is technology for you I guess (blue tooth, remote operation via app, etc). As for the operation, nobody is living in the house at the moment but it's been fine while I am there working from time to time. I guess the real test will be later this week when it starts getting up into the 90s.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom