Where can I shoot while moving/rapid fire near Baltimore?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Miguel

Oct 29, 2020
    Hello,

I'm looking for a range where I can shoot while moving as well as shoot rapidly without bothering anyone. I would be using .223/5.56 and 9mm. I believe delmarva sporting clays allows this but that is a very far drive. I see that AGC has shooting bays, do they allow this kind of shooting or are their bays only for events? Any recommendations? Thank you.

Homesick Texan

Dec 15, 2012
    Middle TN
    Find an Associated Gun Clubs affiliated club and work your way into their 3 gun and/ or combat pistol matches.

Great idea but how can someone who has never competed in a match get good quality training and lessons? It appears (could be wrong, as my wife often tells me) but the ACG doesn't allow for private practice.

spoon059

Ultimate Member
    Jun 1, 2018
    Most anywhere in west Baltimore should be okay.

Sent from my SM-N970U1 using Tapatalk

4g64loser

Bad influence
    Jan 18, 2007
    maryland
    For those new to the games, consider showing up on match day and embedding with a squad. Spend the day helping paste targets and maybe learn to run the timer or scoring device. You will see how things work, make new friends, and be much better able to decide if that game is for you.

MaierApril

Oct 17, 2017
    Great idea but how can someone who has never competed in a match get good quality training and lessons? It appears (could be wrong, as my wife often tells me) but the ACG doesn't allow for private practice.

As far as AGC is concerned, you can always learn as you go. The matches are extremely chill with no real pressure. Go in with a positive attitude and an open mind, and people in your group will usually be more than happy to give you guidance.

I started knowing nothing other than shooting at stationary ranges and placed near the bottom at the end of the day. Had a ton of fun, learned a lot, made new friends, and eventually got better (just a little).

MEGARMS

KnowNothing
    Jun 3, 2012
    Carroll County
    I went back and reread your objective and experience level. To be honest, you are not going to find a public/private range that is going to allow for you to set up and practice on your own for any sort of "running & gunning" with your level of experience. The best thing to do is just participate in some club matches (like we have at the AGC) and learn as you go.

I get this question emailed to me quite often and my recommendation is always the same. Get yourself a gun specific holster, 3 or more magazines, about 150 rounds of ammo (more if you miss a lot), and register for our next Falling Steel match (first weekend of every month).

This is a static event (no running around), single gun event that is perfect for the first time competitor. It is easy, fun, and there are lots of experienced folks there to help you out. The addition of a timer and spectators adds just enough pressure to make things interesting for the first time competitor, but in time you will come to learn to tune those out as nobody really cares how you shoot (as long as you keep the muzzle pointed in the right direction and your finger off the trigger until you have a sight picture).

Check out our youtube.com channel for some examples of what Falling Steel is and is not.
    https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLN3-Iw3ctUi6VzMDoG85r2dWPxGpIdAzS

The next match is Sunday May 2 and registration opens this Sunday morning at 8. You can register by clicking on the link below.

https://practiscore.com/agc-falling-steel-5-3-21-dashboard/register

I have also attached the rule sets that we use to govern this match.

You can send any questions you might have to matchdirector@agcrange.org and one of us will get back to you relatively quickly.

Attachments

• Mid Atltantic Multi Gun - AGC Falling Steel Addendum.pdf
      89 KB · Views: 167
    • Mid-Atlantic-Rules-version-2.23.2017.pdf
      551.6 KB · Views: 120

slsc98

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 24, 2012
    Escaped MD-stan to WNC Smokies
    For those new to the games, consider showing up on match day and embedding with a squad. Spend the day helping paste targets and maybe learn to run the timer or scoring device. You will see how things work, make new friends, and be much better able to decide if that game is for you.

^Excellent advice^ although, like “the secret” to a flat belly, all-too-often not followed .... and I would add ^its a great, often THE, way to find places to run n gun ...

hogarth

Ultimate Member
    Jun 13, 2009
    Crawl. Walk. Run. If you lack experience and training, why are you looking to "run and gun"?

Take the advice offered by MEGARMS and others. Get involved in action shooting sports.

I would add: pay for some training from someone who knows what they're doing. If you need some recommendations, I or others can point you in good directions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom