• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • metalman3006

Gun Hoarder
    Sep 6, 2007
    Church Hill, MD
    inheriting an assault long gun

inheriting a so called assault long gun Can I process one through the online portal? These are the only options that they give me for acquiring it. IS it #2 and do I need to go through an FFL, this option seems like it is for if I want to sell it.
    DO I pick the other option? it offers to let me put in a description.

1 A purchase order for an assault long gun or a copycat weapon completed prior to October 1, 2013. A copy of the purchase order is required to be uploaded with this application.

2 Inherited assault long gun or copycat weapon transferred to MD FFL.

3 Law Enforcement Certification purchase of an assault long gun or copycat weapon. A copy of the Law Enforcement Certification Letter is required to be uploaded with this application.

4 Other

Last edited:

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    inheriting a so called assault weapon Can I process one through the online portal? These are the only options that they give me for acquiring it. IS it #2 and do I need to go through an FFL, this option seems like it is for if I want to sell it.
    DO I pick the other option? it offers to let me put in a description.

1 A purchase order for an assault long gun or a copycat weapon completed prior to October 1, 2013. A copy of the purchase order is required to be uploaded with this application.

2 Inherited assault long gun or copycat weapon transferred to MD FFL.

3 Law Enforcement Certification purchase of an assault long gun or copycat weapon. A copy of the Law Enforcement Certification Letter is required to be uploaded with this application.

4 Other

#2, no need to go to an FFL, inheritance is free and can be done at an MSP barracks.

Michigander08

ridiculous and psychotic
    MDS Supporter
    May 29, 2017
    Firstly edit your text! There is no such thing as assault weapon. A car is assault car if it runs over or hits someone?

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Firstly edit your text! There is no such thing as assault weapon. A car is assault car if it runs over or hits someone?

That’s not what the law says. It is a legal definition under FSA2013. Okay, technically an assault long gun.

Docster

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2010
    He actually wrote
    ..."inheriting a so called assault long gun"

Yes, the title could have been better. "Assault" is a trigger for some who don't read beyond that

metalman3006

Gun Hoarder
    Sep 6, 2007
    Church Hill, MD
    Yes I used the crappy Maryland terms on purpose because I was hoping to get legitimate advice to the questions on the portal. For those that care I got my not disapproved back for all the handguns and the (trigger warning) "assault long gun". The State Trooper got back to me fairly quickly and answered my questions. I did not want the police to show up at the door over this( I believe this may be a legitimate worry in this state). I processed them through the portal and used the inheritance option. I also uploaded a copy of my Dads death certificate. The "assault long gun" was a Century CETME 308 that my DAD built using an HK parts kit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SrAIC

Latest threads

Top Bottom