• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • martingale

Mar 22, 2021
    so what's the current state law say using paintball or air soft for home defense.
    situations like when someone intrude my house and it's inside my house, can i use paintball to shoot at the intruder without worry for legal consequence?

I know if i shoot the intruder with a pistol, I do need to hire a best lawyer to defend myself, even if i'm the victim.

I'm in howard county btw.

called howard county police and they immeidately asked me to check state police on this, and nobody answered my question from state police yet.

I thought this is governed at county level.

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    Paint balls and airsoft have no business in defense. Legal, yes. Pointless, also yes.

Glaron

Camp pureblood 13R
    BANNED!!!
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 20, 2013
    Virginia
    Wait for the coroners report. Self defense is included in the brochure.:rolleyes:

That means I dont know.

Bullfrog

Ultimate Member
    Oct 8, 2009
    Carroll County
    so what's the current state law say using paintball or air soft for home defense.
    situations like when someone intrude my house and it's inside my house, can i use paintball to shoot at the intruder without worry for legal consequence?

I know if i shoot the intruder with a pistol, I do need to hire a best lawyer to defend myself, even if i'm the victim.

I'm in howard county btw.

called howard county police and they immeidately asked me to check state police on this, and nobody answered my question from state police yet.

I thought this is governed at county level.

I have the same question, but with spitwads and rubber-band finger guns.

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    One thing about the police on these cold calls , they see lots of comedic value in the call . But they don't care how you defend yourself , they will be there after the crime to see who wins .

martingale

Mar 22, 2021
    well, so I guess it's legal to use a tranquillizer then, even an over dosed one.
    paintball and airsoft can does damages and temp disable someone if it's aimed properly, i.e. eyes. noses

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    I’ve never needed to resort to a paintball gun, since I’m able to very quickly nibble a poptart into the shape of whichever self defense weapon is appropriate to meet the threat.

OK, I’ll take the bait: any time you do something that - if you did it out on the street to a stranger - could be considered an assault, be prepared to have a lawyer working to avoid a life of reduced rights. Home invaders will still sue you in civil court if you take out an eye with a pepper ball, self defense or not.

Lastly: good luck with that. I think you’re better off with a long pointy stick. Besides, jousting has been Maryland’s official state sport since 1962 - and who could arrest you for that?

Michigander08

ridiculous and psychotic
    MDS Supporter
    May 29, 2017
    I think you are better off buying these:

1200px-Nunchaku.JPG

or this:

51TZW1tC5lL._AC_SX425_.jpg

Alan3413

Ultimate Member
    Mar 4, 2013
    If you use a paintball gun, I recommend one without any attachments on the barrel. So, no optics, and especially no front sight.

That way, it won't hurt so much when the pissed-off home invaders shove it up your kiester.

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    martingale, I'm going to take you at face value and believe that you really are interested in home protection. If you are, I'll politely suggest that if you intend to use something other than a firearm, this isn't the board to get your question answered. We are a community of shooters and firearms owners. While home protection is a topic of interest for many of us, the use of firearms to stop a life threatening intruder is kind of our entry point to the conversation. If you are looking for less than lethal options, other boards will likely have more relevant information.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom