• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • johnkn

Ultimate Member
    Feb 27, 2012
    Ive been thinking about picking up a new Colt SOCOM because, well I don’t have one. In an attempt to justify my need, Tonight I took inventory of my AR collection and what did I find in the back of safe #1? The brand new Colt HBAR Delta rifle i purchased in 1987. Never fired, these came in a unique aluminum case and wore a rubberized scope mounted on a see through ARMS mount, a raised cheek piece, Delta insignia on the grip, etc.. I had forgotten about it and it hadn’t been out of the safe in ~20 years. About a year ago I found a NIB M1A in the back of safe #2 I had purchased in the early ‘80s.

Forgetting about things and the rediscovery process is one of the benefits of getting old. LOL...

And, yes, I determined I need a new SOCOM.,. :D:D

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    Must be a very big safe...........hard to lose a Colt HBAR. Ive largely benefited from some of your cleaning out.

Though I am decluttering myself though my SOCOM isnt likely to be on that list. I think there may still be one at Engage in Rockville, great team to deal with.

johnkn

Ultimate Member
    Feb 27, 2012
    Howdy, I’m more or less GTG on long guns now, may add or lose one here and there. Need to move some of my old handguns soon.

TheOriginalMexicanBob

Ultimate Member
    Jul 2, 2017
    Sun City West, AZ
    I've done the same thing...with a handgun. Several years ago I found a Springfield XD45 I bought new when they first came out and completely forgot about...still new. I ended up selling it to my brother-in-law.

cantstop

Pentultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 10, 2012
    MD
    Thanks, I have a NIB M82A1 with BORS optics. I got in before MD put them on the naughty list.... :thumbsup:

Very Nice. I've always wanted one, but knowing it would be a safe queen never bought it. I was handling a NIB one at an old friend's house when I started getting the bug again. Maybe, one day I'll move to a free state and get one. [envy] :)

vetogunban

Apr 30, 2013
    Brooklyn Park
    I am going to go look in the back of my safe to see if there is something new in there.

I was making room for my home office and I found several thousand rounds of ammo that had gotten buried by other junk and I had forgotten about. Actually enjoyed cleaning that day.

Apd09

May 30, 2013
    Westminster, MD
    I've done the same thing...with a handgun. Several years ago I found a Springfield XD45 I bought new when they first came out and completely forgot about...still new. I ended up selling it to my brother-in-law.

First firearm I ever bought, back in 2010, love the Springfield XD 45acp, I don’t give it nearly as much time out of the safe as I should.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom