• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    ".45 Longslide...with laser sighting." Or a 10mm would be awesome as well.

Truth be told, 45 super is similar in power, but more convenient than 10mm(especially for reloaders), especially in single stacks where you probably only have 1 round capacity difference. Most of the time just needs a spring to run it, maybe a barrel, and some like HK pistols are rated for it out of the box. You can still run 45ACP with 0 issues, or can go up to a 460 Rowland kit, run all 3 calibers interchangeably and have the capability of 1000+ FPE.

m1carbine

Mar 10, 2015
    There are currently several Glock 40's on gunbroker for around 700-750 right now. Not bad considering current demand.

manderson

Ultimate Member
    Jun 3, 2008
    my preferred 10mm handguns are the Springfield Armory TRP Operator with 6" barrel and the Dan Wesson Silverback.
    I have had a real hankering for a 10mm for quite a while now. Was going to agree on the Springfield, and now I am surprised to see the TRP has been discontinued. I have a TRP in 45ACP and would love to have one in 10mm. Dan Wesson is a no brainer imho. I would try to find used TRP or go with Dan Wesson. My gunsmith has me sold on a long slide 10mm also. What I really want is a Guncrafter No Name Stainless Longslide 10mm, but funding makes it a pipe dream right now.

jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    I have had a real hankering for a 10mm for quite a while now. Was going to agree on the Springfield, and now I am surprised to see the TRP has been discontinued. I have a TRP in 45ACP and would love to have one in 10mm. Dan Wesson is a no brainer imho. I would try to find used TRP or go with Dan Wesson. My gunsmith has me sold on a long slide 10mm also. What I really want is a Guncrafter No Name Stainless Longslide 10mm, but funding makes it a pipe dream right now.

TRP got replaced by RO Elite Operator. No 6" version, though :rolleyes: At least that's what I'm thinking.

m1carbine

Mar 10, 2015
    Do a search on the Springfield site. You will get the 6” TRP Operator in 10mm.

FWIW, I don’t find the Springfield site exactly user friendly.

Magnumite,

If this is the one you are looking athttps://www.springfield-armory.com/1911-series-handguns/1911-trp-handguns/1911-trp-operator-longslide-10mm-handgun/

It is marked as discontinued by Springfield. I currently don't see many options at all from them in 10mm, and no long slides.

There are a couple up on gunbroker right now. https://www.gunbroker.com/Semi-Auto...View=2&Ch-Caliber=10mm&Ch-BarrelLength=6 inch

Magnumite

Ultimate Member
    Dec 17, 2007
    Harford County, Maryland
    Magnumite,

If this is the one you are looking athttps://www.springfield-armory.com/1911-series-handguns/1911-trp-handguns/1911-trp-operator-longslide-10mm-handgun/

It is marked as discontinued by Springfield. I currently don't see many options at all from them in 10mm, and no long slides.

There are a couple up on gunbroker right now. https://www.gunbroker.com/Semi-Auto...View=2&Ch-Caliber=10mm&Ch-BarrelLength=6 inch

That is the one. I just did a search on the Springer site for “10mm TRP” and went down the page to the TRP. I am not looking for one, but did the search for another poster in this thread. I thought it was still available because a member on another site said they had recently acquired a new one. So I had to look.

I did make the comment about the 10 would be best in a 6” gun.

Thank you for the correction.

sxs

MDS Supporter
    Nov 20, 2009
    Anne Arundel County, MD
    I bought my first 10mm just around the start of Covid...but before the civil unrest. It was a Colt Delta Elite. Couldn't pass it up for the price I got it. Also picked up 4 boxes of 10 mm ammo before it started going way short..although 2 boxes are Blazer with the aluminum case which, fwiw, actually shot pretty well. Normally I have never wanted aluminum case ammo. With such little ammo it probably won't get shot too much until the ammo situation improves or I can get some reloading stuff for 10mm. It's a shame though...it shot great with the Blazer and recoil was very manageable..

I bought my first 10mm just around the start of Covid...but before the civil unrest. It was a Colt Delta Elite. Couldn't pass it up for the price I got it. Also picked up 4 boxes of 10 mm ammo before it started going way short..although 2 boxes are Blazer with the aluminum case which, fwiw, actually shot pretty well. Normally I have never wanted aluminum case ammo. With such little ammo it probably won't get shot too much until the ammo situation improves or I can get some reloading stuff for 10mm. It's a shame though...it shot great with the Blazer and recoil was very manageable..

Nice pistol choice.
    The Blazer 10mm is loaded to warm .40 S&W ballistics- 1050fps 490ft/lbs. Most of the major American manufacturers have watered down their 10mm loads. Win being the exception with a 175gr projectile travelling at 1290fps 649ft/lbs. Check out Underwood's ballistics.
    http://www.ballistics101.com/10mm.php

Magnumite

Ultimate Member
    Dec 17, 2007
    Harford County, Maryland
    Nice pistol choice.
    The Blazer 10mm is loaded to warm .40 S&W ballistics- 1050fps 490ft/lbs. Most of the major American manufacturers have watered down their 10mm loads. Win being the exception with a 175gr projectile travelling at 1290fps 649ft/lbs. Check out Underwood's ballistics.
    http://www.ballistics101.com/10mm.php
    ^^^ What he said. I have tuned my pistol to shoot the heavier loads. My tuning loads have been Underwood, the 180@1275 and 165@1400 loads. In relative values, the 40 S&W strength loads would be like a +P 38 Special and the two aforementioned would be like full house 357 Magnums.

atblis

Ultimate Member
    May 23, 2010
    Tyler's has a Glock 20 for a good price in today's terms. They'll also modify the regular magazines per MSP guidance (nice bonus).

m1carbine

Mar 10, 2015
    Does anyone actually use a 10mm for hunting?

Hog hunting is what has had me contemplating a Glock 40.

sickpuppyz

your mom sends me care packages
    Jun 14, 2020
    MoCo
    Girsan just came out with a 1911 in 10 mm. Model name is "hunter". haven't seen one for sale anywhere but I may give it a try. MSRP is $699. You get the best of both worlds 1911 and 10 mm. Girsan BTW are another Turkish manufacturer.

Kevingston

Dec 19, 2019
    Central MD
    I own multiple 10mm handguns. Have bought and sold a few, too. I don't shoot Glocks well, the grip doesn't suit me since I have human hands and wrists. With that said, my preferred 10mm handguns are the Springfield Armory TRP Operator with 6" barrel and the Dan Wesson Silverback. I'd love to get my hands on the STI Perfect 10, but that's no longer made. If I had to go plastic, the Springfield Armory XDM-10 is actually pretty nice. I should have gotten the longer version with the optic cut on the slide, but that's water under the bridge. I may get one at some point.

Why experience with a RIA double stack 10mm? I was considering one of those before I ended up with a 45cal TRP

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom