• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GuitarmanNick

Ultimate Member
    Jan 9, 2017
    Laurel
    I am very new to airguns and this is only my second purchase. Grabbed this up in .177, along with a 9 round magazine to try.

https://www.pyramydair.com/s/m/Diana_Chaser_CO2_Air_Rifle_Kit/4613

Out of the box it has a nice 2 pound, 4 ounce trigger pull. The rear sights are fairly decent and easily adjusted for height and windage.

The moderator comes installed on the rifle barrel with red Locktite and can be removed after using heat to release it. I placed the barrel end into boiling water for about 5 minutes then clamped it in a padded vise. It was easy enough to remove just using a glove with a decent grip and can now be placed on either threaded barrel.

It makes the gun very quiet on both, especially the rifle barrel. Without it, it is fairly loud, but not unbearable.

The grouping in the first 100 rounds is impressive with either barrel. Sighted both barrels for 20 yards and it punches sharp holes in the targets using my Vogel wadcutters. 8" barrel velocity is ~525 FPS, 17.5" barrel velocity is ~560 FPS.

The magazine is quite expensive for what it is, but does function well if you load it properly. Some complaints are the result of loading it incorrectly.

It comes with a soft sided case that has room for a few CO2 cartridges, targets and some pellets. Overall, a decent package that is modular and easily converted for whatever you air gunning preference might be. There is also room in the grip for a spare CO2 cartridge.

Overall, fairly impressed for the price point and I would recommend this to those looking for a compact and flexible air gun system, that will not break the bank.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom