• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mrbig381

Nov 5, 2009
    southern Md
    Centerfire pistol was a Security six, still have it. Rifle was Finn M39 long gone. Guy I got it from kept telling me it was Finnish and I kept telling him it was Russian. My we have come a long way.

dist1646

Ultimate Member
    May 1, 2012
    Eldersburg
    My father bought a Winchester '94 30-30 and a box of ammo for $79 and gave it to me for Christmas back in 1974.
    Before that, his business partner, a former Army Ranger in Korea, used to loan me any firearm he had except for the Tokarev he captured.

RAF

MDS Supporter
    Dec 24, 2012
    Pistol was a Ruger Security Six, rifle was a Marlin 336C in .35 Rem. I still have both.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    don't forget Sears and Sawbuck (Roebuck) my dad bought a Win 94 30-30
    from them..

-Rock

I bought my second Mini 14 from a Sears Catalog store.

My Dad has a single shot .410 that is "made" by Wards.

CodeWarrior1241

Sep 23, 2013
    Lutherville
    First centerfire long "gun" was a set of 4 Spike's AR lowers I bought as future projects, but ended up sitting there for several years until SB281 started getting debated. Does that count?!

First actual assembled and fire-able long gun was a VZ58 that I still have and won't be parting with. Turned into a rather nice little carbine with the rail, grip, and folding stock installed. A PA 3x magnified dot for M43 cal turned out to be a great idea...

Sent from my SHIELD Tablet K1 using Tapatalk

TomisinMd

Ultimate Member
    Mar 11, 2013
    Elkton, Md
    1978 Rem 700 BDL in 270. Left handed. Bought with my own money at Western Auto's hardware in North East. Took it home riding my bicycle! Still have it.

lkenefic

Ultimate Member
    Aug 19, 2011
    Mine was a Ruger Mini-14. Crappy trigger and it wouldn't shoot into 6 MOA... I sold it and got an SP-1 AR15. I never looked back.

Clif

Dec 3, 2012
    Break-open .410 on my 8th birthday - thanks Dad. Savage 99 in .243 win then Ruger Super Blackhawk (old model) in college. Still have the .410 and the Ruger, the Savage bought me 1 semester of tuition.

lkenefic

Ultimate Member
    Aug 19, 2011
    I thought the OP just meant rifles... my first centerfire anything was my Colt Gold Cup National Match, Series 70. I still have it and it's quite the shooter!

PoPo3

Oct 26, 2009
    Hagerstown, MD
    I was 11 and was told I needed to buy my deer rifle if I wanted to hunt. I mowed grass and saved all summer. The one I wanted was a REM 700 bdl .270. I had $398 at the end of the summer and it cost $400. My dad said, "I think I can find the extra $2". I'll never forget that. Still my hunting rifle today.

Bisleyfan44

Ultimate Member
    Jan 11, 2008
    Wicomico
    In 1985 when I was 15 my dad sold all his guns, including his Win 94 .30-30 that I used to hunt deer, to fund his addiction to alcohol. That summer, after their divorce, mom took me to Towers here in Salisbury to buy me my own 94 with the $180 I had earned cutting grass. Still have it. Two of my kids and one nephew have used it to shoot their first and many subsequent deer.

dreadpirate

Ultimate Member
    Mar 7, 2010
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    In 1985 when I was 15 my dad sold all his guns, including his Win 94 .30-30 that I used to hunt deer, to fund his addiction to alcohol. That summer, after their divorce, mom took me to Towers here in Salisbury to buy me my own 94 with the $180 I had earned cutting grass. Still have it. Two of my kids and one nephew have used it to shoot their first and many subsequent deer.

Good to hear you still have that rifle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom