• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IMBLITZVT

Ultimate Member
    Apr 20, 2009
    Catonsville, MD
    nfapartsandaccys.5538.1.jpg

http://www.usarmcorp.com/parts/part-page/282

http://www.subguns.com/classifieds/...esults_format=long&db_id=5538&query=retrieval

I have been watching US Armament with these uppers for 3 years now. Finally they got Colt to make barrels and they are for sale. I just bought one. I think it will be a very rare upper in the coming years. Not cheap but neither are any of the Colt Monolithic uppers! Maybe 25% more than the standard Monolithic Colt upper... but 1000x more rare.

Anyway I think its worth getting if you are a serious Collector. Only 199 left! :)

http://www.defensereview.com/colt-i...-rifle-assault-riflesaw-hybrid-weapon-photos/

IMBLITZVT

Ultimate Member
    Apr 20, 2009
    Catonsville, MD
    I had mine out last week. Pretty cool upper. I do have to say not getting a BCG or Charging handle sucked a bit... However if you have a M16... its a pretty cool upper with interesting history. I think it will continue up in value. I was a little surprised there was not more interest. Colt, Prototype, USMC, M16/AR15... I mean it hits so many categories. That said I do see its a bit on the expensive side. However if you compare it to a Colt LMG upper, its in the same ball park. If you compare to the Shrike Mag fed Upper, with the quick change barrel, I think its priced competitively. Seems like a very few were making it to market before US Armament and they were in the $2.5k-$3k range for the upper.

IMBLITZVT

Ultimate Member
    Apr 20, 2009
    Catonsville, MD
    I'd buy a couple more guns for the price.

Yeah I hear that a lot. Sure you can buy two Colt AR15s for the price. You use to be able to buy like 20 Mosin Nagants (probably more like 10 now) for the price... thats not really the point.

All Light Machine gun, not assault rifle, stuff costs a lot of money. Start comparing this to the SAW (M249) which it was designed to replace. How is that cost wise? Semi SAWs are about $9-10K.

Sure if you stick a semi lower on this, it does not make much sense. However I posted this in the NFA section because those of us with M16 lowers... that can change the way we look at uppers. After all I could have bought like 15 AR15s for the price of my M16 lower...

5.56blaster

Ultimate Member
    Yeah I hear that a lot. Sure you can buy two Colt AR15s for the price. You use to be able to buy like 20 Mosin Nagants (probably more like 10 now) for the price... thats not really the point.

All Light Machine gun, not assault rifle, stuff costs a lot of money. Start comparing this to the SAW (M249) which it was designed to replace. How is that cost wise? Semi SAWs are about $9-10K.

Sure if you stick a semi lower on this, it does not make much sense. However I posted this in the NFA section because those of us with M16 lowers... that can change the way we look at uppers. After all I could have bought like 15 AR15s for the price of my M16 lower...

I'm glad I bought all my machine guns in the 1980's and early 90's. Hell I paid less for my Sten then I did my 1911. My HK auto sear was $199. Those were the days. I get the upper, its just a bit over priced to me. My M-16 $999.00 in 1987.

IMBLITZVT

Ultimate Member
    Apr 20, 2009
    Catonsville, MD
    I'm glad I bought all my machine guns in the 1980's and early 90's. Hell I paid less for my Sten then I did my 1911. My HK auto sear was $199. Those were the days. I get the upper, its just a bit over priced to me. My M-16 $999.00 in 1987.

Yeah I hear you but if you are going by 80s and 90s prices, on anything, you would not buy anything. Hell your house is probably 3x what it cost in 1980 too?

Think of this. With no 86 Ban a M16 should be priced at about AR15 levels. That means your 1987 price would be about the same price today. Think how expensive that was in 1987 Dollars!

ascorb

Mar 2, 2016

can I have one?

rsideout

MDS Supporter
    Dec 11, 2009
    MD - Capital Region
    Yeah I hear you but if you are going by 80s and 90s prices, on anything, you would not buy anything. Hell your house is probably 3x what it cost in 1980 too?

Think of this. With no 86 Ban a M16 should be priced at about AR15 levels. That means your 1987 price would be about the same price today. Think how expensive that was in 1987 Dollars!

And if you bought 100 shares of Microsoft in 1986, your $2800 investment in 100 shares would be 28,800 shares today after the 9 splits....worth about $1.75M. Can't go back in time, or change history/laws. If I could, I would be buying tomorrow's winning lottery tickets every day! :) Forget would-a-could-a-should-a. Buy what you can afford/like....today and enjoy your purchase.

IMBLITZVT

Ultimate Member
    Apr 20, 2009
    Catonsville, MD
    http://www.sturmgewehr.com/forums/index.php?/topic/5530-wts-hk-m27-iar-complete-upper-15000/

Well the HK M27 IAR upper that beat out the above Colt M27 IAR upper for USMC acceptance is now available for sale too! Only $15,000! Thats only 7.5x Colt price! How is that for expensive. All that and its much closer to a standard upper than the Colt with the heat sink. Ok, its gas piston but...

M27_1.jpg

For all you complaining and talking Colt pricing... how is HK doing? :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom