• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jac43k

Ultimate Member
    Mar 8, 2010
    Taneytown, MD
    Just show up, several of us have an extra .22 if you want to try it

That tree looks like fun! I do pin shoots at my club but head to head looks cool!

You're welcome to shoot one of my 22's

I am really looking to make this event, any do's and dont's for a first time attendee. May just go as a spectator.
    Wess

Please come out. You will not be disappointed.

Be safe, relax and have fun. Best tip I can give is don't rush. You have 30 seconds to knock down six plates. If you don't miss and still take your time chances are you'll do better than having to reload and rushing.

^This^

We'll have hot dogs, hamburgers with all the fixings, chips and drinks.

Last edited:

photoracer

Competition Shooter
    Oct 22, 2010
    West Virginia
    We used to have a yearly Man on Man match at MPC. Early years it was one stage of identical bowling pin setups and one of identical poppers with the last 2 having overlapping fall zones so whoever's final plate was on the bottom was the winner. Pins had to be knocked completely off the table. Double tapping the final popper was allowed as we used a special wooden backstop to absorb the bullets. In the case of one stage being won by each shooter there would be a coin flip and the winner got to choose the tiebreakeing stage. These were all centerfire events, double elimination. Later we added dueling trees instead of the pins and did both a centerfire and rimfire champion. The same as yours with 2 10 rd. mags per shooter. Sadly the match was done in by the ammo shortage a couple of years ago.
    I got thru to the semis in the winners bracket a time or two and got to the finals once thru the loser's bracket. It was a very tough match.

Magnumite

Ultimate Member
    Dec 17, 2007
    Harford County, Maryland
    I shot those matches several times. Loved it! Shot the bowling pin man on man at Tipton once also.

Couldn't get out there for awhile then got wind of the last one a couple years ago. Went to a steel match in between when I heard of it and the man on man. Was constantly corrected by the MD because I wasn't dropping and changing mags the way he wanted me to. Never broke the 180 or any other gunhandling rule. That pretty much did me in on MPC. Too bad because the caliber shooter there makes one sharp.

Wess

Jul 24, 2013
    College Park
    Weather

The weather is looking a little iffy, but at this point I'm gonna come out. From our brief conversations I plan to bring, 22 handgun, 22 rifle, 9 mm handgun, and an AR15 that needs to be sighted in. Does that list sound OK or is any of them not something I will be able to shoot that day?

Wess

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    The weather is looking a little iffy, but at this point I'm gonna come out. From our brief conversations I plan to bring, 22 handgun, 22 rifle, 9 mm handgun, and an AR15 that needs to be sighted in. Does that list sound OK or is any of them not something I will be able to shoot that day?

Wess

If you're not an AGC member you won't be able to shoot the AR. (That would have to be used on the Barnes 100 yd range)
    The pin shoot is on the pistol range. Weather looks fine albeit a little cloudy and cool.

jac43k

Ultimate Member
    Mar 8, 2010
    Taneytown, MD
    Wess

If you're not an AGC member you won't be able to shoot the AR. (That would have to be used on the Barnes 100 yd range)
    The pin shoot is on the pistol range. Weather looks fine albeit a little cloudy and cool.

Hey Wess,

What rbird said.
    Unless your a member of AGC you will not be able to shoot your AR or Rim-Fire rifle. You need to be a member or be a friend of a member. I'll be there around 11AM to start setting up. If we finish up early. I'll be happy to take you to the 100 yard range so you can shoot your rifles. If you have any questions please let me know. Thanks

^Again What rbird said^
    Weather looks fine, cloudy and cool. Dress accordingly.

The match tomorrow is all rimfire pistol?

The Bowling Pin matches will be Center-Fire (3 Tables and Rim-Fire (2 Tables) handguns ONLY.
    Dueling Tree matches are 22LR Rim-Fire Handguns ONLY

Last edited:

Wess

Jul 24, 2013
    College Park
    Great time

Thank you to all who made the event happen.
    It was a pleasure meeting many of you for the first time, and it was an enjoyable shooting experience for my first event.
    I hope to attend more in the near future, and quite possibly become a member at Stammer's.

Wess

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom