• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Reptile

Ultimate Member
    Sep 29, 2014
    Columbia MD
    Has anyone upgraded their Outback IID 22LR suppressor. I'm considering it because it's supposed to be as quiet, but easier to disassemble and clean. Anyone had experience with it?

rfawcs

Si Se Pwodway
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 15, 2008
    Waldorf, MD
    I had mine done. The innards are one piece, easy to disassemble. It sounds about the same to my ear; I have no way to measure the level. Unless you're shooting full auto, I would suggest you pass, unless you like to clean suppressors. I have another .22 can that I have never cleaned (it does not come apart) and I haven't noticed any decrease in efficiency in that one.

Here's a photo http://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=179377

Reptile

Ultimate Member
    Sep 29, 2014
    Columbia MD
    I had mine done. The innards are one piece, easy to disassemble. It sounds about the same to my ear; I have no way to measure the level. Unless you're shooting full auto, I would suggest you pass, unless you like to clean suppressors. I have another .22 can that I have never cleaned (it does not come apart) and I haven't noticed any decrease in efficiency in that one.

Here's a photo http://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=179377

I'm looking at the upgrade for both ease of cleaning and magnum capability. Disassembly and cleaning of the basic model is a real pain.

Reptile

Ultimate Member
    Sep 29, 2014
    Columbia MD
    Update: I sent my Outback IID to Gemtech for the upgrade and received an e-mail confirmation today that they received it. That was good news, because the mid-west storms had it on hold in Utah for almost a week and then Gemtech would not take delivery until today due to holiday closure. I began to worry that it might have gotten "lost".

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Stew

Latest threads

Top Bottom